May 5, 2013, 2:57 PM EDT
Anaheim Ducks defenseman Toni Lydman left Saturday’s game after being hit hard by Red Wings forward Justin Abdelkader and it looks like Lydman won’t be available for Game 4 on Monday, according to the Orange County Register’s Eric Stephens.
The 35-year-old blueliner has a sore neck and a migraine as a result of the hit. He joined the team at Joe Louis Arena on Sunday, but didn’t go on the ice.
If you missed the hit, you can see it below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Abdelkader was ejected from the game for charging and the Anaheim Ducks scored the game-winning goal during the resulting power play. The NHL has scheduled a phone hearing to determine if Abdelkader should be punished further.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 18
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 5
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 25
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)