May 5, 2013, 2:57 PM EST
Anaheim Ducks defenseman Toni Lydman left Saturday’s game after being hit hard by Red Wings forward Justin Abdelkader and it looks like Lydman won’t be available for Game 4 on Monday, according to the Orange County Register’s Eric Stephens.
The 35-year-old blueliner has a sore neck and a migraine as a result of the hit. He joined the team at Joe Louis Arena on Sunday, but didn’t go on the ice.
If you missed the hit, you can see it below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Abdelkader was ejected from the game for charging and the Anaheim Ducks scored the game-winning goal during the resulting power play. The NHL has scheduled a phone hearing to determine if Abdelkader should be punished further.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 13
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 56
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (56)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)