May 5, 2013, 2:57 PM EDT
Anaheim Ducks defenseman Toni Lydman left Saturday’s game after being hit hard by Red Wings forward Justin Abdelkader and it looks like Lydman won’t be available for Game 4 on Monday, according to the Orange County Register’s Eric Stephens.
The 35-year-old blueliner has a sore neck and a migraine as a result of the hit. He joined the team at Joe Louis Arena on Sunday, but didn’t go on the ice.
If you missed the hit, you can see it below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Abdelkader was ejected from the game for charging and the Anaheim Ducks scored the game-winning goal during the resulting power play. The NHL has scheduled a phone hearing to determine if Abdelkader should be punished further.
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 5
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 17
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 20
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)