May 5, 2013, 2:57 PM EDT
Anaheim Ducks defenseman Toni Lydman left Saturday’s game after being hit hard by Red Wings forward Justin Abdelkader and it looks like Lydman won’t be available for Game 4 on Monday, according to the Orange County Register’s Eric Stephens.
The 35-year-old blueliner has a sore neck and a migraine as a result of the hit. He joined the team at Joe Louis Arena on Sunday, but didn’t go on the ice.
If you missed the hit, you can see it below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Abdelkader was ejected from the game for charging and the Anaheim Ducks scored the game-winning goal during the resulting power play. The NHL has scheduled a phone hearing to determine if Abdelkader should be punished further.
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 4
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Bridge built: Blues lock up Schwartz to two-year deal reportedly worth $4.7M 12
- Comedian Will Arnett at Leafs practice 8
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)