May 5, 2013, 2:57 PM EST
Anaheim Ducks defenseman Toni Lydman left Saturday’s game after being hit hard by Red Wings forward Justin Abdelkader and it looks like Lydman won’t be available for Game 4 on Monday, according to the Orange County Register’s Eric Stephens.
The 35-year-old blueliner has a sore neck and a migraine as a result of the hit. He joined the team at Joe Louis Arena on Sunday, but didn’t go on the ice.
If you missed the hit, you can see it below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Abdelkader was ejected from the game for charging and the Anaheim Ducks scored the game-winning goal during the resulting power play. The NHL has scheduled a phone hearing to determine if Abdelkader should be punished further.
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 32
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 21
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 39
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 8
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 77
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (77)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)