May 4, 2013, 10:50 PM EDT
Stanley Cup playoff hockey will once again return to Toronto, with the series between the Maple Leafs and Boston Bruins tied 1-1 (read about how and join the discussion here).
Below is a video of fans in Maple Leaf Square – as per a tweet from the Toronto Maple Leafs’ official Twitter account – reacting to Phil Kessel‘s goal in the opening minute of the third period Saturday.
It turned out to be the winner, and the first playoff win for the Leafs since April 30, 2004, according to the Globe and Mail.
Game 3 goes Monday in Toronto. It will be the first playoff game at the Air Canada Centre since 2004. And, judging by the video, fans in that city are excited, to say the least, about the official return of the post-season.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 10
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54