May 4, 2013, 10:50 PM EDT
Stanley Cup playoff hockey will once again return to Toronto, with the series between the Maple Leafs and Boston Bruins tied 1-1 (read about how and join the discussion here).
Below is a video of fans in Maple Leaf Square – as per a tweet from the Toronto Maple Leafs’ official Twitter account – reacting to Phil Kessel‘s goal in the opening minute of the third period Saturday.
It turned out to be the winner, and the first playoff win for the Leafs since April 30, 2004, according to the Globe and Mail.
Game 3 goes Monday in Toronto. It will be the first playoff game at the Air Canada Centre since 2004. And, judging by the video, fans in that city are excited, to say the least, about the official return of the post-season.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 22
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 21
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 33
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)