May 4, 2013, 10:50 PM EDT
Stanley Cup playoff hockey will once again return to Toronto, with the series between the Maple Leafs and Boston Bruins tied 1-1 (read about how and join the discussion here).
Below is a video of fans in Maple Leaf Square – as per a tweet from the Toronto Maple Leafs’ official Twitter account – reacting to Phil Kessel‘s goal in the opening minute of the third period Saturday.
It turned out to be the winner, and the first playoff win for the Leafs since April 30, 2004, according to the Globe and Mail.
Game 3 goes Monday in Toronto. It will be the first playoff game at the Air Canada Centre since 2004. And, judging by the video, fans in that city are excited, to say the least, about the official return of the post-season.
- Comeau gets two games for boarding Smith 3
- Three things the Canucks haven’t done well under Torts 10
- Gillis won’t say if Tortorella’s lost Canucks room 26
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 6
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 30
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 19
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 61
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (73)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (61)