May 4, 2013, 10:50 PM EDT
Stanley Cup playoff hockey will once again return to Toronto, with the series between the Maple Leafs and Boston Bruins tied 1-1 (read about how and join the discussion here).
Below is a video of fans in Maple Leaf Square – as per a tweet from the Toronto Maple Leafs’ official Twitter account – reacting to Phil Kessel‘s goal in the opening minute of the third period Saturday.
It turned out to be the winner, and the first playoff win for the Leafs since April 30, 2004, according to the Globe and Mail.
Game 3 goes Monday in Toronto. It will be the first playoff game at the Air Canada Centre since 2004. And, judging by the video, fans in that city are excited, to say the least, about the official return of the post-season.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 3
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 14
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39