May 4, 2013, 10:50 PM EST
Stanley Cup playoff hockey will once again return to Toronto, with the series between the Maple Leafs and Boston Bruins tied 1-1 (read about how and join the discussion here).
Below is a video of fans in Maple Leaf Square – as per a tweet from the Toronto Maple Leafs’ official Twitter account – reacting to Phil Kessel‘s goal in the opening minute of the third period Saturday.
It turned out to be the winner, and the first playoff win for the Leafs since April 30, 2004, according to the Globe and Mail.
Game 3 goes Monday in Toronto. It will be the first playoff game at the Air Canada Centre since 2004. And, judging by the video, fans in that city are excited, to say the least, about the official return of the post-season.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 41
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (43)