May 4, 2013, 9:59 PM EDT
While the Toronto Maple Leafs’ lineup changes were a story going into Game 2, they beat the Boston Bruins 4-2 because of the usual suspects. James van Riemsdyk, Phil Kessel and Joffrey Lupul (twice) found the net as the Buds flaunted their firepower to tie the series 1-1.
Let’s discuss this beast, shall we?
- James Reimer stopped 38 out of 40 shots on Saturday. How much more does he need to do to start getting some respect among fans and pundits?
- Speaking of easy (and possibly unfair) targets, Phil Kessel scored his first playoff goal as a Maple Leaf in exciting fashion. Can he lead Toronto to a series win against his former team in Boston?
- Dennis Seidenberg was a -3 without Zdeno Chara. Is Claude Julien justified in breaking that defensive pairing up or should he make sure they’re attached at the hip?
- Jaromir Jagr has been a weapon for Boston, yet he’s had a tough start to this series. What might get the future Hall of Famer going?
- More of an observation than a question: Tyler Seguin might be due for a big game. He didn’t score but had eight shots on goal and made some nifty moves.
- Who do you expect to win this series and how long do you expect it to go?
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 0
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 9
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 17
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 13
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)