May 4, 2013, 9:59 PM EDT
While the Toronto Maple Leafs’ lineup changes were a story going into Game 2, they beat the Boston Bruins 4-2 because of the usual suspects. James van Riemsdyk, Phil Kessel and Joffrey Lupul (twice) found the net as the Buds flaunted their firepower to tie the series 1-1.
Let’s discuss this beast, shall we?
- James Reimer stopped 38 out of 40 shots on Saturday. How much more does he need to do to start getting some respect among fans and pundits?
- Speaking of easy (and possibly unfair) targets, Phil Kessel scored his first playoff goal as a Maple Leaf in exciting fashion. Can he lead Toronto to a series win against his former team in Boston?
- Dennis Seidenberg was a -3 without Zdeno Chara. Is Claude Julien justified in breaking that defensive pairing up or should he make sure they’re attached at the hip?
- Jaromir Jagr has been a weapon for Boston, yet he’s had a tough start to this series. What might get the future Hall of Famer going?
- More of an observation than a question: Tyler Seguin might be due for a big game. He didn’t score but had eight shots on goal and made some nifty moves.
- Who do you expect to win this series and how long do you expect it to go?
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 48
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)