May 4, 2013, 9:59 PM EDT
While the Toronto Maple Leafs’ lineup changes were a story going into Game 2, they beat the Boston Bruins 4-2 because of the usual suspects. James van Riemsdyk, Phil Kessel and Joffrey Lupul (twice) found the net as the Buds flaunted their firepower to tie the series 1-1.
Let’s discuss this beast, shall we?
- James Reimer stopped 38 out of 40 shots on Saturday. How much more does he need to do to start getting some respect among fans and pundits?
- Speaking of easy (and possibly unfair) targets, Phil Kessel scored his first playoff goal as a Maple Leaf in exciting fashion. Can he lead Toronto to a series win against his former team in Boston?
- Dennis Seidenberg was a -3 without Zdeno Chara. Is Claude Julien justified in breaking that defensive pairing up or should he make sure they’re attached at the hip?
- Jaromir Jagr has been a weapon for Boston, yet he’s had a tough start to this series. What might get the future Hall of Famer going?
- More of an observation than a question: Tyler Seguin might be due for a big game. He didn’t score but had eight shots on goal and made some nifty moves.
- Who do you expect to win this series and how long do you expect it to go?
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 16
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 10
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 42
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 54
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (55)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (43)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)