May 4, 2013, 9:59 PM EDT
While the Toronto Maple Leafs’ lineup changes were a story going into Game 2, they beat the Boston Bruins 4-2 because of the usual suspects. James van Riemsdyk, Phil Kessel and Joffrey Lupul (twice) found the net as the Buds flaunted their firepower to tie the series 1-1.
Let’s discuss this beast, shall we?
- James Reimer stopped 38 out of 40 shots on Saturday. How much more does he need to do to start getting some respect among fans and pundits?
- Speaking of easy (and possibly unfair) targets, Phil Kessel scored his first playoff goal as a Maple Leaf in exciting fashion. Can he lead Toronto to a series win against his former team in Boston?
- Dennis Seidenberg was a -3 without Zdeno Chara. Is Claude Julien justified in breaking that defensive pairing up or should he make sure they’re attached at the hip?
- Jaromir Jagr has been a weapon for Boston, yet he’s had a tough start to this series. What might get the future Hall of Famer going?
- More of an observation than a question: Tyler Seguin might be due for a big game. He didn’t score but had eight shots on goal and made some nifty moves.
- Who do you expect to win this series and how long do you expect it to go?
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 17
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 4
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 7
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)