May 3, 2013, 2:17 AM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks may have forced overtime with three goals in less than 10 minutes in the third period of Thursday’s game against the Detroit Red Wings.
But it was Ducks’ goalie Jonas Hiller who made a tremendous save on Pavel Datsyuk with less than 50 seconds remaining in regulation and with the scored tied at 4-4. Hiller threw the paddle of his goalie stick out to rob Datsyuk of what looked to be a sure goal off a pretty little give-and-go rush.
The Red Wings did eventually win Game 2 of this Western Conference quarter-final by a score of 5-4 in overtime. But this was a beautiful save and worthy of another look.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54