May 3, 2013, 2:17 AM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks may have forced overtime with three goals in less than 10 minutes in the third period of Thursday’s game against the Detroit Red Wings.
But it was Ducks’ goalie Jonas Hiller who made a tremendous save on Pavel Datsyuk with less than 50 seconds remaining in regulation and with the scored tied at 4-4. Hiller threw the paddle of his goalie stick out to rob Datsyuk of what looked to be a sure goal off a pretty little give-and-go rush.
The Red Wings did eventually win Game 2 of this Western Conference quarter-final by a score of 5-4 in overtime. But this was a beautiful save and worthy of another look.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)