May 3, 2013, 2:17 AM EST
The Anaheim Ducks may have forced overtime with three goals in less than 10 minutes in the third period of Thursday’s game against the Detroit Red Wings.
But it was Ducks’ goalie Jonas Hiller who made a tremendous save on Pavel Datsyuk with less than 50 seconds remaining in regulation and with the scored tied at 4-4. Hiller threw the paddle of his goalie stick out to rob Datsyuk of what looked to be a sure goal off a pretty little give-and-go rush.
The Red Wings did eventually win Game 2 of this Western Conference quarter-final by a score of 5-4 in overtime. But this was a beautiful save and worthy of another look.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 56
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 34
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 7
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 32
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 102
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 132
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (133)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (112)