May 3, 2013, 2:17 AM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks may have forced overtime with three goals in less than 10 minutes in the third period of Thursday’s game against the Detroit Red Wings.
But it was Ducks’ goalie Jonas Hiller who made a tremendous save on Pavel Datsyuk with less than 50 seconds remaining in regulation and with the scored tied at 4-4. Hiller threw the paddle of his goalie stick out to rob Datsyuk of what looked to be a sure goal off a pretty little give-and-go rush.
The Red Wings did eventually win Game 2 of this Western Conference quarter-final by a score of 5-4 in overtime. But this was a beautiful save and worthy of another look.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (42)