May 3, 2013, 2:17 AM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks may have forced overtime with three goals in less than 10 minutes in the third period of Thursday’s game against the Detroit Red Wings.
But it was Ducks’ goalie Jonas Hiller who made a tremendous save on Pavel Datsyuk with less than 50 seconds remaining in regulation and with the scored tied at 4-4. Hiller threw the paddle of his goalie stick out to rob Datsyuk of what looked to be a sure goal off a pretty little give-and-go rush.
The Red Wings did eventually win Game 2 of this Western Conference quarter-final by a score of 5-4 in overtime. But this was a beautiful save and worthy of another look.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 8
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 24
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 12
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 46
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 11
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (48)