May 1, 2013, 10:33 PM EDT
Sure, the Boston Bruins sapped a lot of the drama out of Game 1 against the Toronto Maple Leafs by pummeling them 4-1, but that didn’t leach all of the sass from the contest. Not when Brad Marchand is involved.
“He speared me in the privates,” Marchand said.
Apparently Marchand, 24, uses the same terms as elderly people. Don’t act like you’re not entertained.
Sportsnet.ca captures the moment in GIF glory:
The claims of poor behavior didn’t stop there. Maple Leafs head coach Randy Carlyle accused Bruins tough guy Shawn Thornton of leaving the bench illegally when things got rough at the end of the game, according to Rogers Sportsnet reporter Chris Johnston.
So, long story short, these two teams still really don’t like each other. Stay tuned, especially if this series becomes competitive as it already is combative.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 45
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)