May 1, 2013, 10:33 PM EST
Sure, the Boston Bruins sapped a lot of the drama out of Game 1 against the Toronto Maple Leafs by pummeling them 4-1, but that didn’t leach all of the sass from the contest. Not when Brad Marchand is involved.
“He speared me in the privates,” Marchand said.
Apparently Marchand, 24, uses the same terms as elderly people. Don’t act like you’re not entertained.
Sportsnet.ca captures the moment in GIF glory:
The claims of poor behavior didn’t stop there. Maple Leafs head coach Randy Carlyle accused Bruins tough guy Shawn Thornton of leaving the bench illegally when things got rough at the end of the game, according to Rogers Sportsnet reporter Chris Johnston.
So, long story short, these two teams still really don’t like each other. Stay tuned, especially if this series becomes competitive as it already is combative.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 4
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 6
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 72
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (72)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)