May 1, 2013, 10:33 PM EST
Sure, the Boston Bruins sapped a lot of the drama out of Game 1 against the Toronto Maple Leafs by pummeling them 4-1, but that didn’t leach all of the sass from the contest. Not when Brad Marchand is involved.
“He speared me in the privates,” Marchand said.
Apparently Marchand, 24, uses the same terms as elderly people. Don’t act like you’re not entertained.
Sportsnet.ca captures the moment in GIF glory:
The claims of poor behavior didn’t stop there. Maple Leafs head coach Randy Carlyle accused Bruins tough guy Shawn Thornton of leaving the bench illegally when things got rough at the end of the game, according to Rogers Sportsnet reporter Chris Johnston.
So, long story short, these two teams still really don’t like each other. Stay tuned, especially if this series becomes competitive as it already is combative.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 1
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 8
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 31
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46