May 1, 2013, 10:33 PM EST
Sure, the Boston Bruins sapped a lot of the drama out of Game 1 against the Toronto Maple Leafs by pummeling them 4-1, but that didn’t leach all of the sass from the contest. Not when Brad Marchand is involved.
“He speared me in the privates,” Marchand said.
Apparently Marchand, 24, uses the same terms as elderly people. Don’t act like you’re not entertained.
Sportsnet.ca captures the moment in GIF glory:
The claims of poor behavior didn’t stop there. Maple Leafs head coach Randy Carlyle accused Bruins tough guy Shawn Thornton of leaving the bench illegally when things got rough at the end of the game, according to Rogers Sportsnet reporter Chris Johnston.
So, long story short, these two teams still really don’t like each other. Stay tuned, especially if this series becomes competitive as it already is combative.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 15
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)