May 1, 2013, 10:33 PM EDT
Sure, the Boston Bruins sapped a lot of the drama out of Game 1 against the Toronto Maple Leafs by pummeling them 4-1, but that didn’t leach all of the sass from the contest. Not when Brad Marchand is involved.
“He speared me in the privates,” Marchand said.
Apparently Marchand, 24, uses the same terms as elderly people. Don’t act like you’re not entertained.
Sportsnet.ca captures the moment in GIF glory:
The claims of poor behavior didn’t stop there. Maple Leafs head coach Randy Carlyle accused Bruins tough guy Shawn Thornton of leaving the bench illegally when things got rough at the end of the game, according to Rogers Sportsnet reporter Chris Johnston.
So, long story short, these two teams still really don’t like each other. Stay tuned, especially if this series becomes competitive as it already is combative.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 1
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 21
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 4
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)