Apr 25, 2013, 4:55 PM EDT
The Vancouver Canucks have taken vague injury updates to a whole new level.
Could the Canucks be more specific?
They could not.
“I just have a body injury right now,” said a mischievous Bieksa Thursday, one day after Canucks coach Alain Vigneault said Schneider was day-to-day with a “body injury.”
Bieksa, by the way, expects to be back for the playoffs.
“We’re trying do the right thing right now, and for a couple of guys…get everybody ready for playoffs,” he said. “We’re lucky that we’re in the position where we’ve clinched our division and we’re not going anywhere in the standings.”
Teams keeping injuries secret — or, at the very least, extremely hazy — is an annual tradition in the NHL. You can’t blame players and coaches for doing it; nor can you blame reporters for asking for more specifics. It’s all part of the playoff dance.
The Canucks host Anaheim tonight and finish the regular season Saturday in Edmonton.
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 8
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 33
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)