Apr 25, 2013, 4:55 PM EDT
The Vancouver Canucks have taken vague injury updates to a whole new level.
Could the Canucks be more specific?
They could not.
“I just have a body injury right now,” said a mischievous Bieksa Thursday, one day after Canucks coach Alain Vigneault said Schneider was day-to-day with a “body injury.”
Bieksa, by the way, expects to be back for the playoffs.
“We’re trying do the right thing right now, and for a couple of guys…get everybody ready for playoffs,” he said. “We’re lucky that we’re in the position where we’ve clinched our division and we’re not going anywhere in the standings.”
Teams keeping injuries secret — or, at the very least, extremely hazy — is an annual tradition in the NHL. You can’t blame players and coaches for doing it; nor can you blame reporters for asking for more specifics. It’s all part of the playoff dance.
The Canucks host Anaheim tonight and finish the regular season Saturday in Edmonton.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 2
- In praise of John Tavares 11
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 20
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36