Apr 25, 2013, 4:55 PM EST
The Vancouver Canucks have taken vague injury updates to a whole new level.
Could the Canucks be more specific?
They could not.
“I just have a body injury right now,” said a mischievous Bieksa Thursday, one day after Canucks coach Alain Vigneault said Schneider was day-to-day with a “body injury.”
Bieksa, by the way, expects to be back for the playoffs.
“We’re trying do the right thing right now, and for a couple of guys…get everybody ready for playoffs,” he said. “We’re lucky that we’re in the position where we’ve clinched our division and we’re not going anywhere in the standings.”
Teams keeping injuries secret — or, at the very least, extremely hazy — is an annual tradition in the NHL. You can’t blame players and coaches for doing it; nor can you blame reporters for asking for more specifics. It’s all part of the playoff dance.
The Canucks host Anaheim tonight and finish the regular season Saturday in Edmonton.
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 38
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 15
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 36
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 81
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)