Apr 25, 2013, 4:55 PM EST
The Vancouver Canucks have taken vague injury updates to a whole new level.
Could the Canucks be more specific?
They could not.
“I just have a body injury right now,” said a mischievous Bieksa Thursday, one day after Canucks coach Alain Vigneault said Schneider was day-to-day with a “body injury.”
Bieksa, by the way, expects to be back for the playoffs.
“We’re trying do the right thing right now, and for a couple of guys…get everybody ready for playoffs,” he said. “We’re lucky that we’re in the position where we’ve clinched our division and we’re not going anywhere in the standings.”
Teams keeping injuries secret — or, at the very least, extremely hazy — is an annual tradition in the NHL. You can’t blame players and coaches for doing it; nor can you blame reporters for asking for more specifics. It’s all part of the playoff dance.
The Canucks host Anaheim tonight and finish the regular season Saturday in Edmonton.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 6
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 7
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54