Apr 25, 2013, 4:55 PM EST
The Vancouver Canucks have taken vague injury updates to a whole new level.
Could the Canucks be more specific?
They could not.
“I just have a body injury right now,” said a mischievous Bieksa Thursday, one day after Canucks coach Alain Vigneault said Schneider was day-to-day with a “body injury.”
Bieksa, by the way, expects to be back for the playoffs.
“We’re trying do the right thing right now, and for a couple of guys…get everybody ready for playoffs,” he said. “We’re lucky that we’re in the position where we’ve clinched our division and we’re not going anywhere in the standings.”
Teams keeping injuries secret — or, at the very least, extremely hazy — is an annual tradition in the NHL. You can’t blame players and coaches for doing it; nor can you blame reporters for asking for more specifics. It’s all part of the playoff dance.
The Canucks host Anaheim tonight and finish the regular season Saturday in Edmonton.
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 1
- Devils fire DeBoer 18
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 3
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 16
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)