Apr 24, 2013, 1:12 PM EDT
The Vancouver Canucks goaltending soap opera has another potential chapter. Less than a week before the playoffs are set to begin, the club announced today that starter Cory Schneider is day-to-day with an undisclosed injury and that goalie Joe Cannata has been recalled from AHL Chicago.
Not surprisingly, no injury specifics were shared.
On Monday, Schneider stopped 24 of 25 Chicago shots in a 3-1 victory over the Blackhawks that lent hockey fans in Vancouver renewed optimism about the team’s chances in the postseason.
Roberto Luongo will presumably get the nod Thursday when the Canucks host Anaheim. Vancouver closes its regular season Saturday in Edmonton. Both games are meaningless so far as the standings are concerned.
Schneider has been brilliant in March and April as Luongo has been relegated to the bench for the majority of games.
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 6
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 97
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 12
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 3
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 20
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 22
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 17
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (109)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)