Apr 23, 2013, 7:19 PM EDT
Team USA already lined up head coach Joe Sacco for the 2013 IIHF World Hockey Championships. Now they’re starting to lock up players whose teams clearly won’t be playing when things start up in May.
The tournament takes place from May 3-19 in Stockholm, Sweden and Helsinki, Finland. While the events are often overshadowed by the Stanley Cup playoffs in North America, it can be a big deal overseas.
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 4
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 27
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 27
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 25