Apr 15, 2013, 9:56 AM EST
So he lost. Again.
Rinne has enjoyed just one victory in his last eight starts despite the fact that he’s surrendered two or fewer goals in six of those games.
“It’s not their fault, they battle for us every night, they make huge saves, and we have to do a better job for those guys.”
Nashville has been shutout three times in its last five games, but that’s just a small sample of a much larger problem. When it comes to scoring goals, no team has struggled more this season. The Predators rank dead last with an average of 2.23 goals per contest.
On the plus side 18-year-old forward Filip Forsberg made his NHL debut for the Predators on Sunday. He wasn’t able to get a point, but he has plenty of upside and could be part of the long-term solution in Nashville.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 2
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)