Apr 15, 2013, 9:56 AM EDT
So he lost. Again.
Rinne has enjoyed just one victory in his last eight starts despite the fact that he’s surrendered two or fewer goals in six of those games.
“It’s not their fault, they battle for us every night, they make huge saves, and we have to do a better job for those guys.”
Nashville has been shutout three times in its last five games, but that’s just a small sample of a much larger problem. When it comes to scoring goals, no team has struggled more this season. The Predators rank dead last with an average of 2.23 goals per contest.
On the plus side 18-year-old forward Filip Forsberg made his NHL debut for the Predators on Sunday. He wasn’t able to get a point, but he has plenty of upside and could be part of the long-term solution in Nashville.
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 0
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 24
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 39
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 49
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 33
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 30
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 27
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 52
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41