Apr 15, 2013, 9:56 AM EDT
So he lost. Again.
Rinne has enjoyed just one victory in his last eight starts despite the fact that he’s surrendered two or fewer goals in six of those games.
“It’s not their fault, they battle for us every night, they make huge saves, and we have to do a better job for those guys.”
Nashville has been shutout three times in its last five games, but that’s just a small sample of a much larger problem. When it comes to scoring goals, no team has struggled more this season. The Predators rank dead last with an average of 2.23 goals per contest.
On the plus side 18-year-old forward Filip Forsberg made his NHL debut for the Predators on Sunday. He wasn’t able to get a point, but he has plenty of upside and could be part of the long-term solution in Nashville.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 6
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 7
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18