Apr 14, 2013, 10:23 PM EDT
18-year-old forward Filip Forsberg logged 18:37 minutes in his debut with the Nashville Predators on Sunday, but he was on the ice for two Detroit goals as the Red Wings sailed to a 3-0 victory over the Nashville Predators.
After losing three straight games and with their 21-season playoffs streak in serious jeopardy, the Red Wings badly needed this win. Fortunately they came face-to-face with a Nashville Predators team that has been struggling offensively.
Detroit goaltender Jimmy Howard handed the Nashville Predators their third shutout loss in five games and fourth in their last nine contests. Nashville has been in a free fall for a while now and have all-but been eliminated for the playoffs.
The Red Wings on the other hand might be playing hockey into May. They entered this game tied with the Dallas Stars in points, but in ninth place because of the tiebreaker. The Red Wings still have a long road ahead of them if they want to advance to the postseason, but this win is a big step in the right direction.
The Red Wings will get two days to rest before they play in Calgary on Wednesday.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 49
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)