Apr 12, 2013, 3:04 PM EDT
Friday (8:30 p.m. ET) — Detroit at Chicago
A possible first-round playoff preview. Detroit has just two wins in its last seven games and has Phoenix and Dallas nipping at its heels for the final playoff spot in the West. Among the Red Wings’ recent losses: they got absolutely smoked on home ice, 7-1, by the ‘Hawks on March 31.
Saturday (7 p.m. ET) — NY Rangers at NY Islanders
The hottest Islanders ticket in ages. At last glance, the cheapest single on StubHub was $175. The Isles have won eight of their last 10 and have an 86.3 percent chance of making the playoffs, according to Sports Club Stats. With the Rangers in town, the atmosphere in the rink should be awesome.
Saturday (7 p.m. ET) — Montreal at Toronto
Another potential first-round match-up. And what a story that would be. The last time the Habs and Leafs met in the playoffs was 1979, when a powerhouse Montreal side swept Toronto on the way to a fourth consecutive Stanley Cup title.
Saturday (7 p.m. ET) — Tampa Bay at Washington
Alex Ovechkin and Steven Stamkos go head-to-head in pursuit of the Maurice “Rocket” Richard Trophy. Both players have 26 goals, tied for the most in the NHL. Ovechkin is the hottest of the two though, with 17 goals in his last 16 games. Plus, he’s got his team headed towards the playoffs.
Sunday (12:30 p.m. ET) — Chicago at St. Louis
A battle between two of the top sides in the Western Conference. Blues goalie Brian Elliott hasn’t allowed a goal in 189:29. He’s getting Friday night off, leaving him fresh to start versus the ‘Hawks (on NBC!).
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 5
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 5
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)