Apr 12, 2013, 3:04 PM EDT
Friday (8:30 p.m. ET) — Detroit at Chicago
A possible first-round playoff preview. Detroit has just two wins in its last seven games and has Phoenix and Dallas nipping at its heels for the final playoff spot in the West. Among the Red Wings’ recent losses: they got absolutely smoked on home ice, 7-1, by the ‘Hawks on March 31.
Saturday (7 p.m. ET) — NY Rangers at NY Islanders
The hottest Islanders ticket in ages. At last glance, the cheapest single on StubHub was $175. The Isles have won eight of their last 10 and have an 86.3 percent chance of making the playoffs, according to Sports Club Stats. With the Rangers in town, the atmosphere in the rink should be awesome.
Saturday (7 p.m. ET) — Montreal at Toronto
Another potential first-round match-up. And what a story that would be. The last time the Habs and Leafs met in the playoffs was 1979, when a powerhouse Montreal side swept Toronto on the way to a fourth consecutive Stanley Cup title.
Saturday (7 p.m. ET) — Tampa Bay at Washington
Alex Ovechkin and Steven Stamkos go head-to-head in pursuit of the Maurice “Rocket” Richard Trophy. Both players have 26 goals, tied for the most in the NHL. Ovechkin is the hottest of the two though, with 17 goals in his last 16 games. Plus, he’s got his team headed towards the playoffs.
Sunday (12:30 p.m. ET) — Chicago at St. Louis
A battle between two of the top sides in the Western Conference. Blues goalie Brian Elliott hasn’t allowed a goal in 189:29. He’s getting Friday night off, leaving him fresh to start versus the ‘Hawks (on NBC!).
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7