Apr 12, 2013, 3:04 PM EST
Friday (8:30 p.m. ET) — Detroit at Chicago
A possible first-round playoff preview. Detroit has just two wins in its last seven games and has Phoenix and Dallas nipping at its heels for the final playoff spot in the West. Among the Red Wings’ recent losses: they got absolutely smoked on home ice, 7-1, by the ‘Hawks on March 31.
Saturday (7 p.m. ET) — NY Rangers at NY Islanders
The hottest Islanders ticket in ages. At last glance, the cheapest single on StubHub was $175. The Isles have won eight of their last 10 and have an 86.3 percent chance of making the playoffs, according to Sports Club Stats. With the Rangers in town, the atmosphere in the rink should be awesome.
Saturday (7 p.m. ET) — Montreal at Toronto
Another potential first-round match-up. And what a story that would be. The last time the Habs and Leafs met in the playoffs was 1979, when a powerhouse Montreal side swept Toronto on the way to a fourth consecutive Stanley Cup title.
Saturday (7 p.m. ET) — Tampa Bay at Washington
Alex Ovechkin and Steven Stamkos go head-to-head in pursuit of the Maurice “Rocket” Richard Trophy. Both players have 26 goals, tied for the most in the NHL. Ovechkin is the hottest of the two though, with 17 goals in his last 16 games. Plus, he’s got his team headed towards the playoffs.
Sunday (12:30 p.m. ET) — Chicago at St. Louis
A battle between two of the top sides in the Western Conference. Blues goalie Brian Elliott hasn’t allowed a goal in 189:29. He’s getting Friday night off, leaving him fresh to start versus the ‘Hawks (on NBC!).
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 16
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 41
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (41)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)