Mar 27, 2013, 7:58 PM EDT
McKenzie notes that scratching Iginla doesn’t guarantee a trade, noting that Calgary might just be “protecting the asset.”
CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty captures how unlikely it is that most hockey fans – especially Boston Bruins devotees – will heed McKenzie’s advice to avoid getting too excited.
— Joe Haggerty (@HackswithHaggs) March 27, 2013
Haggerty notes two trade-friendly prospects have been scratched in the Bruins’ system: Matt Bartkowski and Alex Khokhlachev. You might remember that Khokhlachev, 19, was floated in a failed bid for Brenden Morrow.
Long story short: stay tuned.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 10
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 29
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25