Mar 27, 2013, 7:58 PM EDT
McKenzie notes that scratching Iginla doesn’t guarantee a trade, noting that Calgary might just be “protecting the asset.”
CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty captures how unlikely it is that most hockey fans – especially Boston Bruins devotees – will heed McKenzie’s advice to avoid getting too excited.
— Joe Haggerty (@HackswithHaggs) March 27, 2013
Haggerty notes two trade-friendly prospects have been scratched in the Bruins’ system: Matt Bartkowski and Alex Khokhlachev. You might remember that Khokhlachev, 19, was floated in a failed bid for Brenden Morrow.
Long story short: stay tuned.
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 0
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 23
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24