Mar 27, 2013, 7:58 PM EDT
McKenzie notes that scratching Iginla doesn’t guarantee a trade, noting that Calgary might just be “protecting the asset.”
CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty captures how unlikely it is that most hockey fans – especially Boston Bruins devotees – will heed McKenzie’s advice to avoid getting too excited.
— Joe Haggerty (@HackswithHaggs) March 27, 2013
Haggerty notes two trade-friendly prospects have been scratched in the Bruins’ system: Matt Bartkowski and Alex Khokhlachev. You might remember that Khokhlachev, 19, was floated in a failed bid for Brenden Morrow.
Long story short: stay tuned.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5