Mar 27, 2013, 7:58 PM EDT
McKenzie notes that scratching Iginla doesn’t guarantee a trade, noting that Calgary might just be “protecting the asset.”
CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty captures how unlikely it is that most hockey fans – especially Boston Bruins devotees – will heed McKenzie’s advice to avoid getting too excited.
— Joe Haggerty (@HackswithHaggs) March 27, 2013
Haggerty notes two trade-friendly prospects have been scratched in the Bruins’ system: Matt Bartkowski and Alex Khokhlachev. You might remember that Khokhlachev, 19, was floated in a failed bid for Brenden Morrow.
Long story short: stay tuned.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $33 million 0
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 16
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 18
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 16
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 50
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 57
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (66)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)