Mar 27, 2013, 7:58 PM EST
McKenzie notes that scratching Iginla doesn’t guarantee a trade, noting that Calgary might just be “protecting the asset.”
CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty captures how unlikely it is that most hockey fans – especially Boston Bruins devotees – will heed McKenzie’s advice to avoid getting too excited.
— Joe Haggerty (@HackswithHaggs) March 27, 2013
Haggerty notes two trade-friendly prospects have been scratched in the Bruins’ system: Matt Bartkowski and Alex Khokhlachev. You might remember that Khokhlachev, 19, was floated in a failed bid for Brenden Morrow.
Long story short: stay tuned.
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 13
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 19
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 17
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 61
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 28
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (63)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)