Mar 26, 2013, 8:45 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins added some snarl to their lineup by acquiring Brenden Morrow and Douglas Murray via trades. To some, that indicates that their work is done … but that might not necessarily be the case.
Penguins GM Ray Shero at least kept the door open about making a move. He gave more details about what he wants to Sportsnet’s John Shannon.
“Depth on the fourth line … or a winger for the second line, you never know,” Shero said.
(Some might believe that a fellow named Jarome Iginla might fall into that “second line” category, at least on a team that boasts Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin in separate combinations. Just saying.)
Of course, some – like Sportsnet’s Mark Spector – believe that the Penguins might just stay in trade talks to drive prices up for other contenders (such as the Boston Bruins). For those crossing their fingers for an entertaining deadline, that wouldn’t be such a bad thing.
For what it’s worth, CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers reports that the Penguins are one of the many NHL teams who sent scouts to Tuesday’s Calgary Flames-Chicago Blackhawks game.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (94)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (76)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)