Mar 26, 2013, 8:45 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins added some snarl to their lineup by acquiring Brenden Morrow and Douglas Murray via trades. To some, that indicates that their work is done … but that might not necessarily be the case.
Penguins GM Ray Shero at least kept the door open about making a move. He gave more details about what he wants to Sportsnet’s John Shannon.
“Depth on the fourth line … or a winger for the second line, you never know,” Shero said.
(Some might believe that a fellow named Jarome Iginla might fall into that “second line” category, at least on a team that boasts Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin in separate combinations. Just saying.)
Of course, some – like Sportsnet’s Mark Spector – believe that the Penguins might just stay in trade talks to drive prices up for other contenders (such as the Boston Bruins). For those crossing their fingers for an entertaining deadline, that wouldn’t be such a bad thing.
For what it’s worth, CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers reports that the Penguins are one of the many NHL teams who sent scouts to Tuesday’s Calgary Flames-Chicago Blackhawks game.
- Andre’s gigantic game: Caps push Rangers to the brink 16
- Quick strike: Lightning steal Game 3 from Habs with last-second goal 13
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Canada fights back to beat Sweden at worlds 18
- NHL hockey ops explains no-goal call 43
- Jack Adams Award finalists to be announced tonight 4
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 10
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 15
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 53
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ (67)
- Lundqvist thinks Backstrom’s hit caused Rangers to lose focus before game-winning goal (63)