Mar 26, 2013, 8:45 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins added some snarl to their lineup by acquiring Brenden Morrow and Douglas Murray via trades. To some, that indicates that their work is done … but that might not necessarily be the case.
Penguins GM Ray Shero at least kept the door open about making a move. He gave more details about what he wants to Sportsnet’s John Shannon.
“Depth on the fourth line … or a winger for the second line, you never know,” Shero said.
(Some might believe that a fellow named Jarome Iginla might fall into that “second line” category, at least on a team that boasts Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin in separate combinations. Just saying.)
Of course, some – like Sportsnet’s Mark Spector – believe that the Penguins might just stay in trade talks to drive prices up for other contenders (such as the Boston Bruins). For those crossing their fingers for an entertaining deadline, that wouldn’t be such a bad thing.
For what it’s worth, CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers reports that the Penguins are one of the many NHL teams who sent scouts to Tuesday’s Calgary Flames-Chicago Blackhawks game.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (59)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)