Mar 26, 2013, 12:33 PM EST
The Carolina Hurricanes got some good news. 30-year-old forward Chad Larose is ready to return from a concussion and Carolina has activated him from the injured reserve list.
Going into this season, Jokinen had been on the decline with 65, 52, and 46 points in each of his previous three seasons.
With the additions of Jordan Staal and Alexander Semin, Jokinen has also saw his playing time dip in 2013. The rise of Riley Nash has further marginalized Jokinen, according to Sportsnet’s Chris Johnston.
Jokinen has five goals and 10 points in 30 games this season, so a change of scenery might be right for him, but the big factor is his $3 million annual salary through the 2013-14 campaign.
That’s not a terrible price for the 29-year-old forward if he’s able to bounce back, but Carolina has put itself into a tight spot cap-wise after inking Semin to a five-year, $35 million extension. The Hurricanes don’t have any intention of sending Jokinen to the minors and are likely hoping that someone will relieve them of his cap hit.
Sportsnet’s Johnston reports that there has been interest in Jokinen, so it certainly wouldn’t be surprising if he’s wearing a different uniform soon.
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 13
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 19
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)