Mar 19, 2013, 5:54 PM EDT
Malone is out indefinitely with a shoulder injury while Hedman is listed as day-to-day with an undisclosed upper-body ailment, according to Damien Cristodero of the Tampa Bay Times.
Here’s the Rinaldo hit on Malone:
The 33-year-old winger has already missed 13 games this year with a lower-body injury and only just came off IR on Mar. 7.
Malone has 5G-2A-7PTS in 16 games this season with the Lightning, and could be on the shelf long-term with captain Vincent Lecavalier, who has a broken foot.
Hedman, 22, appeared to have hurt his wrist after absorbing a Rinaldo hit in the second period.
Losing the young Swedish rearguard for a substantial amount of time would be a harsh blow for the Lightning. The second overall pick of the 2009 draft is really coming into his own, averaging just under 23 minutes per night while scoring 13 points in 28 games.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)