Mar 19, 2013, 5:54 PM EDT
Malone is out indefinitely with a shoulder injury while Hedman is listed as day-to-day with an undisclosed upper-body ailment, according to Damien Cristodero of the Tampa Bay Times.
Here’s the Rinaldo hit on Malone:
The 33-year-old winger has already missed 13 games this year with a lower-body injury and only just came off IR on Mar. 7.
Malone has 5G-2A-7PTS in 16 games this season with the Lightning, and could be on the shelf long-term with captain Vincent Lecavalier, who has a broken foot.
Hedman, 22, appeared to have hurt his wrist after absorbing a Rinaldo hit in the second period.
Losing the young Swedish rearguard for a substantial amount of time would be a harsh blow for the Lightning. The second overall pick of the 2009 draft is really coming into his own, averaging just under 23 minutes per night while scoring 13 points in 28 games.
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 12
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 28
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28