Mar 19, 2013, 5:54 PM EST
Malone is out indefinitely with a shoulder injury while Hedman is listed as day-to-day with an undisclosed upper-body ailment, according to Damien Cristodero of the Tampa Bay Times.
Here’s the Rinaldo hit on Malone:
The 33-year-old winger has already missed 13 games this year with a lower-body injury and only just came off IR on Mar. 7.
Malone has 5G-2A-7PTS in 16 games this season with the Lightning, and could be on the shelf long-term with captain Vincent Lecavalier, who has a broken foot.
Hedman, 22, appeared to have hurt his wrist after absorbing a Rinaldo hit in the second period.
Losing the young Swedish rearguard for a substantial amount of time would be a harsh blow for the Lightning. The second overall pick of the 2009 draft is really coming into his own, averaging just under 23 minutes per night while scoring 13 points in 28 games.
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 5
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 34
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 71
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 32
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 63
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)