Mar 19, 2013, 5:54 PM EDT
Malone is out indefinitely with a shoulder injury while Hedman is listed as day-to-day with an undisclosed upper-body ailment, according to Damien Cristodero of the Tampa Bay Times.
Here’s the Rinaldo hit on Malone:
The 33-year-old winger has already missed 13 games this year with a lower-body injury and only just came off IR on Mar. 7.
Malone has 5G-2A-7PTS in 16 games this season with the Lightning, and could be on the shelf long-term with captain Vincent Lecavalier, who has a broken foot.
Hedman, 22, appeared to have hurt his wrist after absorbing a Rinaldo hit in the second period.
Losing the young Swedish rearguard for a substantial amount of time would be a harsh blow for the Lightning. The second overall pick of the 2009 draft is really coming into his own, averaging just under 23 minutes per night while scoring 13 points in 28 games.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 36
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 16
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 58
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1