Mar 19, 2013, 5:54 PM EST
Malone is out indefinitely with a shoulder injury while Hedman is listed as day-to-day with an undisclosed upper-body ailment, according to Damien Cristodero of the Tampa Bay Times.
Here’s the Rinaldo hit on Malone:
The 33-year-old winger has already missed 13 games this year with a lower-body injury and only just came off IR on Mar. 7.
Malone has 5G-2A-7PTS in 16 games this season with the Lightning, and could be on the shelf long-term with captain Vincent Lecavalier, who has a broken foot.
Hedman, 22, appeared to have hurt his wrist after absorbing a Rinaldo hit in the second period.
Losing the young Swedish rearguard for a substantial amount of time would be a harsh blow for the Lightning. The second overall pick of the 2009 draft is really coming into his own, averaging just under 23 minutes per night while scoring 13 points in 28 games.
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 4
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 9
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 24
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11