Mar 19, 2013, 11:14 AM EST
The paper reports that Lecavalier, who has not played since Tuesday when he suffered the injury in a collision with Panthers defenseman Erik Gudbranson, will stay home for his team’s three-game road trip that ends Sunday in Winnipeg. The 32-year-old could apparently be back by early April.
“A little bit of a waiting game,” Lecavalier said, “and then work out hard and be ready to play.”
The Lightning — winners of three of their last four, but still five points back of a playoff spot — play the Leafs in Toronto tomorrow evening.
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 1
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 27
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 18
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 22
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 44
- Mike Richards clears waivers 35
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15