Mar 19, 2013, 11:14 AM EST
The paper reports that Lecavalier, who has not played since Tuesday when he suffered the injury in a collision with Panthers defenseman Erik Gudbranson, will stay home for his team’s three-game road trip that ends Sunday in Winnipeg. The 32-year-old could apparently be back by early April.
“A little bit of a waiting game,” Lecavalier said, “and then work out hard and be ready to play.”
The Lightning — winners of three of their last four, but still five points back of a playoff spot — play the Leafs in Toronto tomorrow evening.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 9
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 48
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 20
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 36
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32