Mar 19, 2013, 11:14 AM EDT
The paper reports that Lecavalier, who has not played since Tuesday when he suffered the injury in a collision with Panthers defenseman Erik Gudbranson, will stay home for his team’s three-game road trip that ends Sunday in Winnipeg. The 32-year-old could apparently be back by early April.
“A little bit of a waiting game,” Lecavalier said, “and then work out hard and be ready to play.”
The Lightning — winners of three of their last four, but still five points back of a playoff spot — play the Leafs in Toronto tomorrow evening.
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 24
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 80
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 8
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 11
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 62
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 36