Mar 18, 2013, 1:09 PM EST
The trio — which, by the way, combines for a cap hit of just under $22 million — was skating together at this morning’s practice.
More from the Daily News:
Gaborik, Richards and Nash combined for six goals and 10 assists in seven games together (excluding points scored off the line in those games). That stretch lasted from the Blueshirts’ third game of the season against the Bruins until the ninth game of their season at the Devils. Their production was inconsistent, but more importantly Tortorella was concerned about the lack of balance through the lineup and eventually broke up the trio.
“I don’t think we played long enough where we figured each other out,” Nash said. “As I said before, you look at some of the good lines and they’ve played together for years or months, whatever it might be. But I did think early on we were having some success and each game we were getting better.”
The losing streak has seen New York fall out of a playoff position to 10th in the Eastern Conference, three points back of the eighth-place Hurricanes.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)