Mar 18, 2013, 1:09 PM EDT
The trio — which, by the way, combines for a cap hit of just under $22 million — was skating together at this morning’s practice.
More from the Daily News:
Gaborik, Richards and Nash combined for six goals and 10 assists in seven games together (excluding points scored off the line in those games). That stretch lasted from the Blueshirts’ third game of the season against the Bruins until the ninth game of their season at the Devils. Their production was inconsistent, but more importantly Tortorella was concerned about the lack of balance through the lineup and eventually broke up the trio.
“I don’t think we played long enough where we figured each other out,” Nash said. “As I said before, you look at some of the good lines and they’ve played together for years or months, whatever it might be. But I did think early on we were having some success and each game we were getting better.”
The losing streak has seen New York fall out of a playoff position to 10th in the Eastern Conference, three points back of the eighth-place Hurricanes.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 10
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 23
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 56
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (57)