Mar 18, 2013, 1:09 PM EDT
The trio — which, by the way, combines for a cap hit of just under $22 million — was skating together at this morning’s practice.
More from the Daily News:
Gaborik, Richards and Nash combined for six goals and 10 assists in seven games together (excluding points scored off the line in those games). That stretch lasted from the Blueshirts’ third game of the season against the Bruins until the ninth game of their season at the Devils. Their production was inconsistent, but more importantly Tortorella was concerned about the lack of balance through the lineup and eventually broke up the trio.
“I don’t think we played long enough where we figured each other out,” Nash said. “As I said before, you look at some of the good lines and they’ve played together for years or months, whatever it might be. But I did think early on we were having some success and each game we were getting better.”
The losing streak has seen New York fall out of a playoff position to 10th in the Eastern Conference, three points back of the eighth-place Hurricanes.
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 15
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 3
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 11
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)