Mar 14, 2013, 1:10 PM EDT
Marian Gaborik played just 14:56 during Tuesday’s 3-1 loss to Buffalo. The Rangers forward who scored 41 times last season was relegated to the third line and admitted after the game that he has to play better.
But no matter how bad it gets, Gaborik’s agent says his client won’t request a trade.
“Marian is a team guy,” Tobin Wright told ESPN’s Craig Custance. “He’s not the type of guy who would ask out.”
Gaborik has one season remaining on a five-year, $37.5 million contract. The 31-year-old has eight goals in 25 games so far this season, but has managed just 20 shots in his last nine games. He’s only scored once in his last 11 games.
Despite his current struggles and a substantial $7.5 million cap hit, with three 40-plus goal seasons on his resume, Gaborik would be a commodity on the trade market, whether prior to the April 3 deadline or over the summer. Per terms of his contract, he’s apparently submitted a list of eight teams to which the Rangers can send him.
“The bottom line is I’ve just got to work hard and keep going and try to stay positive,” said Gaborik, per The Record.
- All eyes on Lundqvist 6
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 9
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 27
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)