Mar 14, 2013, 1:10 PM EDT
Marian Gaborik played just 14:56 during Tuesday’s 3-1 loss to Buffalo. The Rangers forward who scored 41 times last season was relegated to the third line and admitted after the game that he has to play better.
But no matter how bad it gets, Gaborik’s agent says his client won’t request a trade.
“Marian is a team guy,” Tobin Wright told ESPN’s Craig Custance. “He’s not the type of guy who would ask out.”
Gaborik has one season remaining on a five-year, $37.5 million contract. The 31-year-old has eight goals in 25 games so far this season, but has managed just 20 shots in his last nine games. He’s only scored once in his last 11 games.
Despite his current struggles and a substantial $7.5 million cap hit, with three 40-plus goal seasons on his resume, Gaborik would be a commodity on the trade market, whether prior to the April 3 deadline or over the summer. Per terms of his contract, he’s apparently submitted a list of eight teams to which the Rangers can send him.
“The bottom line is I’ve just got to work hard and keep going and try to stay positive,” said Gaborik, per The Record.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 9
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 20
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 91
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 35
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (93)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)