Mar 17, 2013, 3:35 PM EDT
Pittsburgh was able to come away with their ninth straight win but it wasn’t totally painless.
Star defenseman Kris Letang left the game in the first period with an injury and did not return to action. The team reported it was a lower-body injury and Josh Yohe of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports he will be further evaluated.
The last we saw of Letang in the game came on a play around the Penguins net that saw Boston’s Brad Marchand pursuing him. At first it appeared Marchand may have caught him on the wrist with his stick, but that’s not the case in spite of Letang looking pained as he headed off.
Check out our video of the play and see if you can figure out what happened.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 3
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 37
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)