Mar 17, 2013, 3:35 PM EST
Pittsburgh was able to come away with their ninth straight win but it wasn’t totally painless.
Star defenseman Kris Letang left the game in the first period with an injury and did not return to action. The team reported it was a lower-body injury and Josh Yohe of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports he will be further evaluated.
The last we saw of Letang in the game came on a play around the Penguins net that saw Boston’s Brad Marchand pursuing him. At first it appeared Marchand may have caught him on the wrist with his stick, but that’s not the case in spite of Letang looking pained as he headed off.
Check out our video of the play and see if you can figure out what happened.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 34
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 49
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)