Mar 17, 2013, 3:35 PM EDT
Pittsburgh was able to come away with their ninth straight win but it wasn’t totally painless.
Star defenseman Kris Letang left the game in the first period with an injury and did not return to action. The team reported it was a lower-body injury and Josh Yohe of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports he will be further evaluated.
The last we saw of Letang in the game came on a play around the Penguins net that saw Boston’s Brad Marchand pursuing him. At first it appeared Marchand may have caught him on the wrist with his stick, but that’s not the case in spite of Letang looking pained as he headed off.
Check out our video of the play and see if you can figure out what happened.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 35
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 44
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 52
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Panthers re-sign Kulikov: three years, $13 million 6
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him 77
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M 58
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (57)