Mar 17, 2013, 3:35 PM EDT
Pittsburgh was able to come away with their ninth straight win but it wasn’t totally painless.
Star defenseman Kris Letang left the game in the first period with an injury and did not return to action. The team reported it was a lower-body injury and Josh Yohe of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports he will be further evaluated.
The last we saw of Letang in the game came on a play around the Penguins net that saw Boston’s Brad Marchand pursuing him. At first it appeared Marchand may have caught him on the wrist with his stick, but that’s not the case in spite of Letang looking pained as he headed off.
Check out our video of the play and see if you can figure out what happened.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 0
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 4
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 3
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 46
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 49
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)