Mar 17, 2013, 3:35 PM EDT
Pittsburgh was able to come away with their ninth straight win but it wasn’t totally painless.
Star defenseman Kris Letang left the game in the first period with an injury and did not return to action. The team reported it was a lower-body injury and Josh Yohe of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports he will be further evaluated.
The last we saw of Letang in the game came on a play around the Penguins net that saw Boston’s Brad Marchand pursuing him. At first it appeared Marchand may have caught him on the wrist with his stick, but that’s not the case in spite of Letang looking pained as he headed off.
Check out our video of the play and see if you can figure out what happened.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 0
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 7
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 2
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 13
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 19
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 17
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (97)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)