Mar 17, 2013, 3:00 PM EST
The Pittsburgh Penguins beat the Boston Bruins 2-1 on Sunday, but it could be a costly game for both teams as both Kris Letang and David Krejci appeared to catch some bad injury luck. Let’s get to the talking points.
- Letang has already been injured this season (he returned from another lower-body issue about a month ago) and Pittsburgh missed him during that time. If his ailment is serious, can the Penguins be a true Stanley Cup contender without him? Does this make a trade more desirable?
- In the event that it’s a minor hiccup, do you think Letang, 25, is a leading Norris Trophy candidate?
- Moving on to Krejci, how important is he to the Bruins? Who would you move between Milan Lucic and Nathan Horton if the 26-year-old pivot is seriously hurt?
- With this win, the Penguins are all alone atop the Eastern Conference with 44 standing points, although both the Bruins and Montreal Canadiens hold games in hand. Who do you think is the best team in the East right now?
- Moving forward, what’s your “dream” Eastern Conference finals matchup in 2013? Could it indeed be Boston vs. Pittsburgh?
- The Penguins have now won nine games in a row. Which of the team’s upcoming games poses the greatest threat to that streak?
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing, Tomas Hertl won’t return (update) 16
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 28
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 6
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 20
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 53
- Video: ‘The message is not being heard’ when it comes to illegal hits, suspensions 52
- Video: Kunitz collides with Rangers’ goalie Lundqvist in overtime (Updated) 58
- Discuss: Penguins outlast Rangers in the shootout on NBCSN Rivalry Night 43
- Video: Jagr passes Yzerman for eighth on NHL goals list 12
- Wild put Harding on IR to undergo change in MS treatment 16
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (103)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)