Mar 16, 2013, 1:20 AM EST
The Calgary Flames may have lit up the Nashville Predators on the scoreboard Friday night, but there could be bad news on the injury front.
According to a tweet well after the game from Calgary Herald sports reporter Scott Cruickshank, Flames center Mikael Backlund was seen leaving the The Scotiabank Saddledome on crutches and his right ankle in a walking boot.
Backlund, 23, had an assist against Nashville and 16 minutes in ice time.
He also has three points in four games since returning from a Grade 2 sprain of the medial collateral ligament, suffered on Feb. 7 against the Columbus Blue Jackets.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 0
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 20
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 40
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)