Mar 16, 2013, 1:20 AM EDT
The Calgary Flames may have lit up the Nashville Predators on the scoreboard Friday night, but there could be bad news on the injury front.
According to a tweet well after the game from Calgary Herald sports reporter Scott Cruickshank, Flames center Mikael Backlund was seen leaving the The Scotiabank Saddledome on crutches and his right ankle in a walking boot.
Backlund, 23, had an assist against Nashville and 16 minutes in ice time.
He also has three points in four games since returning from a Grade 2 sprain of the medial collateral ligament, suffered on Feb. 7 against the Columbus Blue Jackets.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5