Mar 16, 2013, 1:20 AM EDT
The Calgary Flames may have lit up the Nashville Predators on the scoreboard Friday night, but there could be bad news on the injury front.
According to a tweet well after the game from Calgary Herald sports reporter Scott Cruickshank, Flames center Mikael Backlund was seen leaving the The Scotiabank Saddledome on crutches and his right ankle in a walking boot.
Backlund, 23, had an assist against Nashville and 16 minutes in ice time.
He also has three points in four games since returning from a Grade 2 sprain of the medial collateral ligament, suffered on Feb. 7 against the Columbus Blue Jackets.
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 31
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 40
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 18
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (44)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)