Mar 16, 2013, 1:20 AM EDT
The Calgary Flames may have lit up the Nashville Predators on the scoreboard Friday night, but there could be bad news on the injury front.
According to a tweet well after the game from Calgary Herald sports reporter Scott Cruickshank, Flames center Mikael Backlund was seen leaving the The Scotiabank Saddledome on crutches and his right ankle in a walking boot.
Backlund, 23, had an assist against Nashville and 16 minutes in ice time.
He also has three points in four games since returning from a Grade 2 sprain of the medial collateral ligament, suffered on Feb. 7 against the Columbus Blue Jackets.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)