Mar 16, 2013, 1:20 AM EDT
The Calgary Flames may have lit up the Nashville Predators on the scoreboard Friday night, but there could be bad news on the injury front.
According to a tweet well after the game from Calgary Herald sports reporter Scott Cruickshank, Flames center Mikael Backlund was seen leaving the The Scotiabank Saddledome on crutches and his right ankle in a walking boot.
Backlund, 23, had an assist against Nashville and 16 minutes in ice time.
He also has three points in four games since returning from a Grade 2 sprain of the medial collateral ligament, suffered on Feb. 7 against the Columbus Blue Jackets.
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 31
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 66
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 25
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51