Mar 16, 2013, 12:44 AM EDT
For the second consecutive night, the typically stingy Nashville Predators – with the eighth best goals-against average in the NHL – were shelled.
Thursday, it was the Vancouver Canucks scoring seven on Nashville, with goalies Pekka Rinne and Chris Mason being on the hook for six of those. Friday, the Calgary Flames lit the Predators up in a 6-3 victory.
Curtis Glencross scored the hat trick for Calgary, with all three of his goals coming in the third period.
The 30-year-old left winger is now up to 12 goals on the season, which is actually among the top 25 players in that category.
Also interesting was the fact the Flames needed only 22 registered shots to score six goals.
For the second time in as many nights, Rinne was pulled from the Predators’ net. He allowed four goals on 12 shots in Vancouver on Thursday, then gave up two goals on the first two registered shots he faced against the Flames.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 9
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)