Mar 16, 2013, 12:44 AM EDT
For the second consecutive night, the typically stingy Nashville Predators – with the eighth best goals-against average in the NHL – were shelled.
Thursday, it was the Vancouver Canucks scoring seven on Nashville, with goalies Pekka Rinne and Chris Mason being on the hook for six of those. Friday, the Calgary Flames lit the Predators up in a 6-3 victory.
Curtis Glencross scored the hat trick for Calgary, with all three of his goals coming in the third period.
The 30-year-old left winger is now up to 12 goals on the season, which is actually among the top 25 players in that category.
Also interesting was the fact the Flames needed only 22 registered shots to score six goals.
For the second time in as many nights, Rinne was pulled from the Predators’ net. He allowed four goals on 12 shots in Vancouver on Thursday, then gave up two goals on the first two registered shots he faced against the Flames.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 2
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)