Mar 14, 2013, 9:54 AM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings were battered by injuries early this season, but things are looking up for them in that front.
Although they suffered a 5-2 loss to the Calgary Flames on Wednesday, the silver lining is that Valtteri Filppula returned from a shoulder injury and demonstrated his health by netting a power-play goal.
Darren Helm (back) has been limited to just one game this season, but he might be back as early as next Wednesday. Helm is a key part of the Red Wings’ bottom-six forwards and will help them kill penalties.
Additionally, blueliner Ian White, who missed Wednesday’s game for personal reasons, should be back on Friday.
Unfortunately, the news isn’t as good for Todd Bertuzzi, who hasn’t played since Feb. 7. His back injury is still status quo and it’s not clear when he might return.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 0
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 36
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 11
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)