Mar 14, 2013, 9:54 AM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings were battered by injuries early this season, but things are looking up for them in that front.
Although they suffered a 5-2 loss to the Calgary Flames on Wednesday, the silver lining is that Valtteri Filppula returned from a shoulder injury and demonstrated his health by netting a power-play goal.
Darren Helm (back) has been limited to just one game this season, but he might be back as early as next Wednesday. Helm is a key part of the Red Wings’ bottom-six forwards and will help them kill penalties.
Additionally, blueliner Ian White, who missed Wednesday’s game for personal reasons, should be back on Friday.
Unfortunately, the news isn’t as good for Todd Bertuzzi, who hasn’t played since Feb. 7. His back injury is still status quo and it’s not clear when he might return.
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession 17
- Video: Controversial Kane goal has Laviolette fuming 12
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 6
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 36
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 45
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38