Mar 10, 2013, 4:23 PM EDT
As of right now, the Florida Panthers are the worst team in the NHL with just 20 points. They’re seven points behind New Jersey for the last playoff spot in the East and nine points back of Carolina for first in the Southeast Division. That’s… Not good and it could mean it’s time for them to start selling by the trade deadline.
Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun reports that Panthers GM Dale Tallon is open to all trade offers for his players. There are a few notable exceptions, however.
Forwards Jonathan Huberdeau and Drew Shore, defenseman Erik Gudbranson and goalie Jacob Markstrom are reportedly off limits. Everyone else on the roster, however, could be had for the right price, including Kris Versteeg and his contract that comes with a $4.4 million cap hit through the 2015-16 season. Good luck with that one.
This report comes at a tough time as they just lost soon-to-be free agent Stephen Weiss for the season with a wrist injury. He would’ve drawn a lot of attention from teams in need of a capable center and now they’ll possibly end up losing him for nothing.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 99
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 77
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (99)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)