Mar 10, 2013, 4:23 PM EST
As of right now, the Florida Panthers are the worst team in the NHL with just 20 points. They’re seven points behind New Jersey for the last playoff spot in the East and nine points back of Carolina for first in the Southeast Division. That’s… Not good and it could mean it’s time for them to start selling by the trade deadline.
Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun reports that Panthers GM Dale Tallon is open to all trade offers for his players. There are a few notable exceptions, however.
Forwards Jonathan Huberdeau and Drew Shore, defenseman Erik Gudbranson and goalie Jacob Markstrom are reportedly off limits. Everyone else on the roster, however, could be had for the right price, including Kris Versteeg and his contract that comes with a $4.4 million cap hit through the 2015-16 season. Good luck with that one.
This report comes at a tough time as they just lost soon-to-be free agent Stephen Weiss for the season with a wrist injury. He would’ve drawn a lot of attention from teams in need of a capable center and now they’ll possibly end up losing him for nothing.
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 24
- Mike Richards clears waivers 29
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 13
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 54
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)