Mar 9, 2013, 4:23 PM EDT
Another day, another bad loss for the Philadelphia Flyers and this time they were out of it after the first period.
Boston scored three goals in the span of 2:18 of the first including a power play goal from Tyler Seguin to give the Bruins a 3-0 win. Tuukka Rask made 23 saves to earn the shutout in what was another lackadaisical effort from the Flyers.
Philly’s loss coupled with the Islanders’ win over Washington drops the Flyers into last place in the Atlantic Division and keeps them five points back of the Rangers for eighth in the East.
After seeing the way Philly lost on Thursday to Pittsburgh in blowing a 4-1 lead, you’d think a game against a top team like Boston would bring out the best in the Flyers. Instead, they came out with a meek effort that felt like a continuation of their loss to the Penguins and now the question is whether or not it’s time for a major change to be made. At this point, anyone could be fair game to try and fix this team.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 10
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 23
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 66
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (67)