Mar 9, 2013, 4:23 PM EDT
Another day, another bad loss for the Philadelphia Flyers and this time they were out of it after the first period.
Boston scored three goals in the span of 2:18 of the first including a power play goal from Tyler Seguin to give the Bruins a 3-0 win. Tuukka Rask made 23 saves to earn the shutout in what was another lackadaisical effort from the Flyers.
Philly’s loss coupled with the Islanders’ win over Washington drops the Flyers into last place in the Atlantic Division and keeps them five points back of the Rangers for eighth in the East.
After seeing the way Philly lost on Thursday to Pittsburgh in blowing a 4-1 lead, you’d think a game against a top team like Boston would bring out the best in the Flyers. Instead, they came out with a meek effort that felt like a continuation of their loss to the Penguins and now the question is whether or not it’s time for a major change to be made. At this point, anyone could be fair game to try and fix this team.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 3
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)