Mar 9, 2013, 2:05 PM EST
The Nashville Predators offense took off in a big way last night securing a 6-0 win over Edmonton and Patric Hornqvist had a hand in it scoring the game’s first goal. Now they’re going to have to once again try and make due without him.
Preds coach Barry Trotz told media this morning that Hornqvist would miss tonight’s game against Minnesota as well as Tuesday’s against Dallas with an injury. Hornqvist only played 7:22 worth of last night’s game taking just two shifts in the second period before missing the rest of the game.
This season, Hornqvist has played in just 13 games after dealing with a knee injury earlier this year. Since returning to action in mid-February, the offense has been slow to return as he has just two goals and two assists in that time. Overall, he’s got three goals and five assists for the offensively challenged Preds.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 46
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)