Mar 9, 2013, 2:05 PM EST
The Nashville Predators offense took off in a big way last night securing a 6-0 win over Edmonton and Patric Hornqvist had a hand in it scoring the game’s first goal. Now they’re going to have to once again try and make due without him.
Preds coach Barry Trotz told media this morning that Hornqvist would miss tonight’s game against Minnesota as well as Tuesday’s against Dallas with an injury. Hornqvist only played 7:22 worth of last night’s game taking just two shifts in the second period before missing the rest of the game.
This season, Hornqvist has played in just 13 games after dealing with a knee injury earlier this year. Since returning to action in mid-February, the offense has been slow to return as he has just two goals and two assists in that time. Overall, he’s got three goals and five assists for the offensively challenged Preds.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)