Mar 9, 2013, 2:05 PM EDT
The Nashville Predators offense took off in a big way last night securing a 6-0 win over Edmonton and Patric Hornqvist had a hand in it scoring the game’s first goal. Now they’re going to have to once again try and make due without him.
Preds coach Barry Trotz told media this morning that Hornqvist would miss tonight’s game against Minnesota as well as Tuesday’s against Dallas with an injury. Hornqvist only played 7:22 worth of last night’s game taking just two shifts in the second period before missing the rest of the game.
This season, Hornqvist has played in just 13 games after dealing with a knee injury earlier this year. Since returning to action in mid-February, the offense has been slow to return as he has just two goals and two assists in that time. Overall, he’s got three goals and five assists for the offensively challenged Preds.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (85)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)