Mar 9, 2013, 2:05 PM EST
The Nashville Predators offense took off in a big way last night securing a 6-0 win over Edmonton and Patric Hornqvist had a hand in it scoring the game’s first goal. Now they’re going to have to once again try and make due without him.
Preds coach Barry Trotz told media this morning that Hornqvist would miss tonight’s game against Minnesota as well as Tuesday’s against Dallas with an injury. Hornqvist only played 7:22 worth of last night’s game taking just two shifts in the second period before missing the rest of the game.
This season, Hornqvist has played in just 13 games after dealing with a knee injury earlier this year. Since returning to action in mid-February, the offense has been slow to return as he has just two goals and two assists in that time. Overall, he’s got three goals and five assists for the offensively challenged Preds.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)