Mar 9, 2013, 2:05 PM EDT
The Nashville Predators offense took off in a big way last night securing a 6-0 win over Edmonton and Patric Hornqvist had a hand in it scoring the game’s first goal. Now they’re going to have to once again try and make due without him.
Preds coach Barry Trotz told media this morning that Hornqvist would miss tonight’s game against Minnesota as well as Tuesday’s against Dallas with an injury. Hornqvist only played 7:22 worth of last night’s game taking just two shifts in the second period before missing the rest of the game.
This season, Hornqvist has played in just 13 games after dealing with a knee injury earlier this year. Since returning to action in mid-February, the offense has been slow to return as he has just two goals and two assists in that time. Overall, he’s got three goals and five assists for the offensively challenged Preds.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 18
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 6
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 30
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)