Jan 28, 2013, 8:15 PM EDT
The Nashville Predators were already struggling to find the net in this early season, and now they’ll need to cope without one of their best scorers.
The 26-year-old winger has only scored one goal despite firing 16 shots on goal through five games, yet he also collected three assists to make for a productive start. He’s been involved in four of Nashville’s paltry 10 tallies so far this season, so it’s easy to see where he’ll be missed.
The team has limped into the post-Ryan Suter era* so far, going 1-1-3 for five points in 10 games. They’ll face a Phoenix Coyotes team starting unproven netminder Chad Johnson (not Ochocinco) on Monday, so perhaps they won’t miss Hornqvist as much tonight.
Then again, the game is against the Coyotes, so scoring might not be so easy, anyway.
* Also gone: Alexander Radulov and Andrei Kostitsyn.
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 5
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 28
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 14
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)