Jan 28, 2013, 8:15 PM EDT
The Nashville Predators were already struggling to find the net in this early season, and now they’ll need to cope without one of their best scorers.
The 26-year-old winger has only scored one goal despite firing 16 shots on goal through five games, yet he also collected three assists to make for a productive start. He’s been involved in four of Nashville’s paltry 10 tallies so far this season, so it’s easy to see where he’ll be missed.
The team has limped into the post-Ryan Suter era* so far, going 1-1-3 for five points in 10 games. They’ll face a Phoenix Coyotes team starting unproven netminder Chad Johnson (not Ochocinco) on Monday, so perhaps they won’t miss Hornqvist as much tonight.
Then again, the game is against the Coyotes, so scoring might not be so easy, anyway.
* Also gone: Alexander Radulov and Andrei Kostitsyn.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 19
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 9
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 40
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)