Jan 28, 2013, 8:15 PM EDT
The Nashville Predators were already struggling to find the net in this early season, and now they’ll need to cope without one of their best scorers.
The 26-year-old winger has only scored one goal despite firing 16 shots on goal through five games, yet he also collected three assists to make for a productive start. He’s been involved in four of Nashville’s paltry 10 tallies so far this season, so it’s easy to see where he’ll be missed.
The team has limped into the post-Ryan Suter era* so far, going 1-1-3 for five points in 10 games. They’ll face a Phoenix Coyotes team starting unproven netminder Chad Johnson (not Ochocinco) on Monday, so perhaps they won’t miss Hornqvist as much tonight.
Then again, the game is against the Coyotes, so scoring might not be so easy, anyway.
* Also gone: Alexander Radulov and Andrei Kostitsyn.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)