Jan 28, 2013, 8:15 PM EDT
The Nashville Predators were already struggling to find the net in this early season, and now they’ll need to cope without one of their best scorers.
The 26-year-old winger has only scored one goal despite firing 16 shots on goal through five games, yet he also collected three assists to make for a productive start. He’s been involved in four of Nashville’s paltry 10 tallies so far this season, so it’s easy to see where he’ll be missed.
The team has limped into the post-Ryan Suter era* so far, going 1-1-3 for five points in 10 games. They’ll face a Phoenix Coyotes team starting unproven netminder Chad Johnson (not Ochocinco) on Monday, so perhaps they won’t miss Hornqvist as much tonight.
Then again, the game is against the Coyotes, so scoring might not be so easy, anyway.
* Also gone: Alexander Radulov and Andrei Kostitsyn.
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 40
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 17
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 17
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 13
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 59
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)