Mar 9, 2013, 1:24 AM EST
Not a bad way to start the weekend.
Getzlaf added the final goal of the night, and assisted on Bobby Ryan‘s goal in the second period.
Getzlaf, the Ducks 27-year-0ld captain and the team’s first-round pick in the 2003 NHL Entry Draft, now has seven points in his last three games.
Meanwhile, the Ducks are still trying to re-sign pending unrestricted free agent Corey Perry.
He is still keeping his options open, it appears, and the negotiation process between he and the Ducks continues.
Los Angeles Times sports columnist Helene Elliott caught up with Ducks general manager Bob Murray about where contract talks stand with Perry, then posted the conversation via Twitter.
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 2
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 2
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 3
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)