Mar 9, 2013, 1:24 AM EDT
Not a bad way to start the weekend.
Getzlaf added the final goal of the night, and assisted on Bobby Ryan‘s goal in the second period.
Getzlaf, the Ducks 27-year-0ld captain and the team’s first-round pick in the 2003 NHL Entry Draft, now has seven points in his last three games.
Meanwhile, the Ducks are still trying to re-sign pending unrestricted free agent Corey Perry.
He is still keeping his options open, it appears, and the negotiation process between he and the Ducks continues.
Los Angeles Times sports columnist Helene Elliott caught up with Ducks general manager Bob Murray about where contract talks stand with Perry, then posted the conversation via Twitter.
- Carolina is ‘concerned’ about Jordan Staal, who was helped off the ice 1
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 25
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough (35)
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks (29)