Mar 9, 2013, 1:24 AM EDT
Not a bad way to start the weekend.
Getzlaf added the final goal of the night, and assisted on Bobby Ryan‘s goal in the second period.
Getzlaf, the Ducks 27-year-0ld captain and the team’s first-round pick in the 2003 NHL Entry Draft, now has seven points in his last three games.
Meanwhile, the Ducks are still trying to re-sign pending unrestricted free agent Corey Perry.
He is still keeping his options open, it appears, and the negotiation process between he and the Ducks continues.
Los Angeles Times sports columnist Helene Elliott caught up with Ducks general manager Bob Murray about where contract talks stand with Perry, then posted the conversation via Twitter.
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 11
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 7
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 0
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 43
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 26
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 48
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)