Mar 9, 2013, 1:24 AM EST
Not a bad way to start the weekend.
Getzlaf added the final goal of the night, and assisted on Bobby Ryan‘s goal in the second period.
Getzlaf, the Ducks 27-year-0ld captain and the team’s first-round pick in the 2003 NHL Entry Draft, now has seven points in his last three games.
Meanwhile, the Ducks are still trying to re-sign pending unrestricted free agent Corey Perry.
He is still keeping his options open, it appears, and the negotiation process between he and the Ducks continues.
Los Angeles Times sports columnist Helene Elliott caught up with Ducks general manager Bob Murray about where contract talks stand with Perry, then posted the conversation via Twitter.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46