Mar 9, 2013, 1:24 AM EDT
Not a bad way to start the weekend.
Getzlaf added the final goal of the night, and assisted on Bobby Ryan‘s goal in the second period.
Getzlaf, the Ducks 27-year-0ld captain and the team’s first-round pick in the 2003 NHL Entry Draft, now has seven points in his last three games.
Meanwhile, the Ducks are still trying to re-sign pending unrestricted free agent Corey Perry.
He is still keeping his options open, it appears, and the negotiation process between he and the Ducks continues.
Los Angeles Times sports columnist Helene Elliott caught up with Ducks general manager Bob Murray about where contract talks stand with Perry, then posted the conversation via Twitter.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)