Mar 5, 2013, 11:31 PM EDT
Almost any time a hockey player takes a nasty shot to the eye area, the inevitable debate boils up: should the NHL make visors mandatory?
That happened once again on Tuesday after New York Rangers defenseman Marc Staal took a puck to the face in a scary moment against the Philadelphia Flyers. While his precise condition is unknown, Keith Jones and Mike Milbury took the opportunity to debate the issue after the game.
Check out their reactions in the video below.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- With Dubinsky locked up, Jackets next task is re-signing Johansen 6
- Lightning sign Brenden Morrow for one year 26
- Jackets sign Dubinsky through 2020-21 39
- AHL’s new overtime rules include 3-on-3 play 27
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 70
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 15
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 35
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 62
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 170
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 57
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (170)
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration (71)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (62)
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery (59)