Mar 5, 2013, 10:12 PM EDT
If you’re squeamish, this might not be the post or video for you.
New York Rangers defenseman Marc Staal left Tuesday’s 4-2 win against the Philadelphia Flyers after taking a puck to the eye, as you can see in the clip below. (Again, it’s rough.)
It’s worth noting that Staal has just recently gotten over some worrisome concussion problems, so that’s among the many concerns (including loss of vision).
NBC’s own Liam McHugh provides this frightening screen capture:
That happened late in the third period of game that just finished, so it’s too early to tell how bad things might be for Staal.
It’s difficult to argue with many people who point to it as yet another reason that every player should wear a visor, but it seems like that debate won’t die unless the NHL makes them mandatory.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 0
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 4
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)