Mar 2, 2013, 11:03 PM EDT
Two games after scoring the first hat trick of his career,* Anaheim Ducks forward Kyle Palmieri left Saturday’s eventual 5-4 shootout loss to the Phoenix Coyotes with an upper-body injury, according to the OC Register’s Eric Stephens.
Word is that he might have suffered that injury thanks to a Raffi Torres hit some time during the first period. Palmieri, 22, finished the period but didn’t return after that.
It looked like he might be a nice running mate for the red-hot pairing of Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry. Palmieri had that trio on Wednesday and an assist on Friday before suffering this issue. It’s unclear how severe the injury is.
On the bright side, the Ducks saw another depth forward score a hat trick today. This time around, it was Andrew Cogliano, who scored Anaheim’s first three tallies.
That wasn’t enough to garner a victory, yet it argues that the team is enjoying production from a wide array of players, which might make losing Palmieri more palatable.
* – A natural hat trick, by the way.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 12
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 7
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 78
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)