Mar 2, 2013, 11:03 PM EDT
Two games after scoring the first hat trick of his career,* Anaheim Ducks forward Kyle Palmieri left Saturday’s eventual 5-4 shootout loss to the Phoenix Coyotes with an upper-body injury, according to the OC Register’s Eric Stephens.
Word is that he might have suffered that injury thanks to a Raffi Torres hit some time during the first period. Palmieri, 22, finished the period but didn’t return after that.
It looked like he might be a nice running mate for the red-hot pairing of Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry. Palmieri had that trio on Wednesday and an assist on Friday before suffering this issue. It’s unclear how severe the injury is.
On the bright side, the Ducks saw another depth forward score a hat trick today. This time around, it was Andrew Cogliano, who scored Anaheim’s first three tallies.
That wasn’t enough to garner a victory, yet it argues that the team is enjoying production from a wide array of players, which might make losing Palmieri more palatable.
* – A natural hat trick, by the way.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 14
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 22
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (52)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)