Mar 2, 2013, 11:03 PM EDT
Two games after scoring the first hat trick of his career,* Anaheim Ducks forward Kyle Palmieri left Saturday’s eventual 5-4 shootout loss to the Phoenix Coyotes with an upper-body injury, according to the OC Register’s Eric Stephens.
Word is that he might have suffered that injury thanks to a Raffi Torres hit some time during the first period. Palmieri, 22, finished the period but didn’t return after that.
It looked like he might be a nice running mate for the red-hot pairing of Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry. Palmieri had that trio on Wednesday and an assist on Friday before suffering this issue. It’s unclear how severe the injury is.
On the bright side, the Ducks saw another depth forward score a hat trick today. This time around, it was Andrew Cogliano, who scored Anaheim’s first three tallies.
That wasn’t enough to garner a victory, yet it argues that the team is enjoying production from a wide array of players, which might make losing Palmieri more palatable.
* – A natural hat trick, by the way.
- Video: Drouin scores first NHL goal, shows early chemistry with Stamkos 1
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 11
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 25
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 18
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 17
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 31
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)