Feb 28, 2013, 12:45 AM EDT
He made some great plays of his own to score the first hat trick of his career – a natural one, at that – in the Anaheim Ducks’ dominant 5-1 win against the Nashville Predators on Wednesday.
Here’s video of that trio:
Interestingly, Perry and Getzlaf assisted on all three of his consecutive goals. In fact, the box score read the same each time: Perry provided the primary helper while Getzlaf got the secondary one.
Palmieri now has seven goals on the season. The Ducks’ Twitter feed provided some interesting nuggets:
- That’s the 40th hat trick and the 15th player to record one in franchise history.
- It’s the sixth natural hat trick by a Ducks player.
- At 22, he’s the second-youngest to get a trio; Bobby Ryan did it when he was 21.
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 3
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ 45
- Report: Islanders were sold for $485 million 8
- Scrivens believes Oilers are ‘starting to build winning habits’ 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)