Feb 28, 2013, 12:45 AM EST
He made some great plays of his own to score the first hat trick of his career – a natural one, at that – in the Anaheim Ducks’ dominant 5-1 win against the Nashville Predators on Wednesday.
Here’s video of that trio:
Interestingly, Perry and Getzlaf assisted on all three of his consecutive goals. In fact, the box score read the same each time: Perry provided the primary helper while Getzlaf got the secondary one.
Palmieri now has seven goals on the season. The Ducks’ Twitter feed provided some interesting nuggets:
- That’s the 40th hat trick and the 15th player to record one in franchise history.
- It’s the sixth natural hat trick by a Ducks player.
- At 22, he’s the second-youngest to get a trio; Bobby Ryan did it when he was 21.
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 9
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 12
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 28
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 17
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 80
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)