Feb 28, 2013, 12:45 AM EDT
He made some great plays of his own to score the first hat trick of his career – a natural one, at that – in the Anaheim Ducks’ dominant 5-1 win against the Nashville Predators on Wednesday.
Here’s video of that trio:
Interestingly, Perry and Getzlaf assisted on all three of his consecutive goals. In fact, the box score read the same each time: Perry provided the primary helper while Getzlaf got the secondary one.
Palmieri now has seven goals on the season. The Ducks’ Twitter feed provided some interesting nuggets:
- That’s the 40th hat trick and the 15th player to record one in franchise history.
- It’s the sixth natural hat trick by a Ducks player.
- At 22, he’s the second-youngest to get a trio; Bobby Ryan did it when he was 21.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)