Feb 28, 2013, 12:45 AM EST
He made some great plays of his own to score the first hat trick of his career – a natural one, at that – in the Anaheim Ducks’ dominant 5-1 win against the Nashville Predators on Wednesday.
Here’s video of that trio:
Interestingly, Perry and Getzlaf assisted on all three of his consecutive goals. In fact, the box score read the same each time: Perry provided the primary helper while Getzlaf got the secondary one.
Palmieri now has seven goals on the season. The Ducks’ Twitter feed provided some interesting nuggets:
- That’s the 40th hat trick and the 15th player to record one in franchise history.
- It’s the sixth natural hat trick by a Ducks player.
- At 22, he’s the second-youngest to get a trio; Bobby Ryan did it when he was 21.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 42
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)