Feb 28, 2013, 12:45 AM EDT
He made some great plays of his own to score the first hat trick of his career – a natural one, at that – in the Anaheim Ducks’ dominant 5-1 win against the Nashville Predators on Wednesday.
Here’s video of that trio:
Interestingly, Perry and Getzlaf assisted on all three of his consecutive goals. In fact, the box score read the same each time: Perry provided the primary helper while Getzlaf got the secondary one.
Palmieri now has seven goals on the season. The Ducks’ Twitter feed provided some interesting nuggets:
- That’s the 40th hat trick and the 15th player to record one in franchise history.
- It’s the sixth natural hat trick by a Ducks player.
- At 22, he’s the second-youngest to get a trio; Bobby Ryan did it when he was 21.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 23
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 94
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 18
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 35
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (94)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)