Feb 27, 2013, 5:19 PM EDT
Good news for the Dallas Stars as goalie Kari Lehtonen said today he expects to be ready for action Thursday at home to Edmonton.
Lehtonen hurt his groin Feb. 15 in Vancouver and has been forced to miss the last five games. Richard Bachman and Cris Nilstorp shared the duties in the 29-year-old’s absence, but neither played particularly well.
Lehtnonen is 7-2-1 and boasts a .934 save percentage, the third highest in the NHL among goalies with 10 or more starts.
“Everything started well. Of course, I didn’t want to get hurt but that happened and I just have to find my game again,” Lehtonen said, per Stars Inside Edge. “Hopefully I can continue where I left off. That’s what I am trying to do.”
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5