Feb 27, 2013, 5:19 PM EDT
Good news for the Dallas Stars as goalie Kari Lehtonen said today he expects to be ready for action Thursday at home to Edmonton.
Lehtonen hurt his groin Feb. 15 in Vancouver and has been forced to miss the last five games. Richard Bachman and Cris Nilstorp shared the duties in the 29-year-old’s absence, but neither played particularly well.
Lehtnonen is 7-2-1 and boasts a .934 save percentage, the third highest in the NHL among goalies with 10 or more starts.
“Everything started well. Of course, I didn’t want to get hurt but that happened and I just have to find my game again,” Lehtonen said, per Stars Inside Edge. “Hopefully I can continue where I left off. That’s what I am trying to do.”
- Flames sign Devin Setoguchi 3
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 12
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33