Feb 27, 2013, 5:19 PM EST
Good news for the Dallas Stars as goalie Kari Lehtonen said today he expects to be ready for action Thursday at home to Edmonton.
Lehtonen hurt his groin Feb. 15 in Vancouver and has been forced to miss the last five games. Richard Bachman and Cris Nilstorp shared the duties in the 29-year-old’s absence, but neither played particularly well.
Lehtnonen is 7-2-1 and boasts a .934 save percentage, the third highest in the NHL among goalies with 10 or more starts.
“Everything started well. Of course, I didn’t want to get hurt but that happened and I just have to find my game again,” Lehtonen said, per Stars Inside Edge. “Hopefully I can continue where I left off. That’s what I am trying to do.”
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 33
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 49
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)