Feb 27, 2013, 5:19 PM EDT
Good news for the Dallas Stars as goalie Kari Lehtonen said today he expects to be ready for action Thursday at home to Edmonton.
Lehtonen hurt his groin Feb. 15 in Vancouver and has been forced to miss the last five games. Richard Bachman and Cris Nilstorp shared the duties in the 29-year-old’s absence, but neither played particularly well.
Lehtnonen is 7-2-1 and boasts a .934 save percentage, the third highest in the NHL among goalies with 10 or more starts.
“Everything started well. Of course, I didn’t want to get hurt but that happened and I just have to find my game again,” Lehtonen said, per Stars Inside Edge. “Hopefully I can continue where I left off. That’s what I am trying to do.”
- Video: Sens, Leafs, Habs combine for beautiful tribute following Ottawa shootings 0
- Will winning trump revenge tonight? 0
- Sleepy Sharks hit new low in loss to Buffalo 6
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 7
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 33
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)