Feb 27, 2013, 5:19 PM EDT
Good news for the Dallas Stars as goalie Kari Lehtonen said today he expects to be ready for action Thursday at home to Edmonton.
Lehtonen hurt his groin Feb. 15 in Vancouver and has been forced to miss the last five games. Richard Bachman and Cris Nilstorp shared the duties in the 29-year-old’s absence, but neither played particularly well.
Lehtnonen is 7-2-1 and boasts a .934 save percentage, the third highest in the NHL among goalies with 10 or more starts.
“Everything started well. Of course, I didn’t want to get hurt but that happened and I just have to find my game again,” Lehtonen said, per Stars Inside Edge. “Hopefully I can continue where I left off. That’s what I am trying to do.”
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)