Feb 27, 2013, 2:27 PM EDT
Bolland suffered an upper-body injury Feb. 22 against San Jose.
According to Chicago coach Joel Quenneville, Bolland is “progressing,” though it remains unclear what exactly is wrong. The 26-year-old did miss the last 14 games of the 2010-11 regular season, as well as three playoff games, with a concussion. That’s relevant, given the phrase “upper-body injury” has become synonymous with head injuries.
“Hopefully he gets on the ice the next couple of days,” said Quenneville, per CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myer. “He’s improving every day.”
In other ‘Hawks news, Corey Crawford will start in net against the Blues.
Chicago (16-0-3) has yet to lose a game in regulation.
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 21
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day on PHT 11