Feb 27, 2013, 2:27 PM EDT
Bolland suffered an upper-body injury Feb. 22 against San Jose.
According to Chicago coach Joel Quenneville, Bolland is “progressing,” though it remains unclear what exactly is wrong. The 26-year-old did miss the last 14 games of the 2010-11 regular season, as well as three playoff games, with a concussion. That’s relevant, given the phrase “upper-body injury” has become synonymous with head injuries.
“Hopefully he gets on the ice the next couple of days,” said Quenneville, per CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myer. “He’s improving every day.”
In other ‘Hawks news, Corey Crawford will start in net against the Blues.
Chicago (16-0-3) has yet to lose a game in regulation.
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 0
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 11
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 3
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 11
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 18
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 61
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 25