Feb 27, 2013, 2:27 PM EDT
Bolland suffered an upper-body injury Feb. 22 against San Jose.
According to Chicago coach Joel Quenneville, Bolland is “progressing,” though it remains unclear what exactly is wrong. The 26-year-old did miss the last 14 games of the 2010-11 regular season, as well as three playoff games, with a concussion. That’s relevant, given the phrase “upper-body injury” has become synonymous with head injuries.
“Hopefully he gets on the ice the next couple of days,” said Quenneville, per CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myer. “He’s improving every day.”
In other ‘Hawks news, Corey Crawford will start in net against the Blues.
Chicago (16-0-3) has yet to lose a game in regulation.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5