Feb 27, 2013, 2:27 PM EDT
Bolland suffered an upper-body injury Feb. 22 against San Jose.
According to Chicago coach Joel Quenneville, Bolland is “progressing,” though it remains unclear what exactly is wrong. The 26-year-old did miss the last 14 games of the 2010-11 regular season, as well as three playoff games, with a concussion. That’s relevant, given the phrase “upper-body injury” has become synonymous with head injuries.
“Hopefully he gets on the ice the next couple of days,” said Quenneville, per CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myer. “He’s improving every day.”
In other ‘Hawks news, Corey Crawford will start in net against the Blues.
Chicago (16-0-3) has yet to lose a game in regulation.
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 0
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 31
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)