Feb 23, 2013, 12:16 AM EDT
Chicago Blackhawks Dave Bolland left Friday’s game against the San Jose Sharks after suffering an upper body injury, according to Scott Powers of ESPNChicago.com.
Based on head coach Joel Quenneville, Bolland is day-to-day, Powers wrote.
Bolland, 26, has five goals and seven points in 16 games this season.
That news kind of puts a damper on the Blackhawks’ record-setting 2-1 win over the Sharks Friday.
The Blackhawks, with the victory, have gone 17 games without a regulation loss to start the 2013 season, which is a new National Hockey League record.
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 3
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 13
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 16
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)