Feb 23, 2013, 12:16 AM EST
Chicago Blackhawks Dave Bolland left Friday’s game against the San Jose Sharks after suffering an upper body injury, according to Scott Powers of ESPNChicago.com.
Based on head coach Joel Quenneville, Bolland is day-to-day, Powers wrote.
Bolland, 26, has five goals and seven points in 16 games this season.
That news kind of puts a damper on the Blackhawks’ record-setting 2-1 win over the Sharks Friday.
The Blackhawks, with the victory, have gone 17 games without a regulation loss to start the 2013 season, which is a new National Hockey League record.
- In praise of the Hamburglar 11
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 6
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 17
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 53
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)