Feb 23, 2013, 12:16 AM EST
Chicago Blackhawks Dave Bolland left Friday’s game against the San Jose Sharks after suffering an upper body injury, according to Scott Powers of ESPNChicago.com.
Based on head coach Joel Quenneville, Bolland is day-to-day, Powers wrote.
Bolland, 26, has five goals and seven points in 16 games this season.
That news kind of puts a damper on the Blackhawks’ record-setting 2-1 win over the Sharks Friday.
The Blackhawks, with the victory, have gone 17 games without a regulation loss to start the 2013 season, which is a new National Hockey League record.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 41
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)