Feb 23, 2013, 6:02 PM EDT
No hearing means no suspension for Shaw. If there is to be any fine, it will be under $5,000 (anything above requires a hearing.)
Here’s the hit in question, which occurred late in Chicago’s 2-1 victory at the United Center:
Shaw was given a two-minute boarding minor on the play.
CSN Bay Area analyst Bret Hedican called it a “bad hit” while CSN Chicago’s Ed Olczyk called it “dangerous.”
Shaw’s hit led to an altercation involving Sharks forward Ryan Clowe, who has since been suspended indefinitely pending a hearing to judge if he left the bench to get after Shaw.
If Clowe is found guilty of said offense, he’ll be subjected to a 10-game suspension.
The 30-year-old winger won’t be in the Sharks lineup tonight when they take on the Stars in Dallas.
Shaw was also suspended six AHL games earlier this season for leaving the bench to participate in a fight while playing for the Rockford IceHogs.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 26
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50