Feb 23, 2013, 6:02 PM EDT
No hearing means no suspension for Shaw. If there is to be any fine, it will be under $5,000 (anything above requires a hearing.)
Here’s the hit in question, which occurred late in Chicago’s 2-1 victory at the United Center:
Shaw was given a two-minute boarding minor on the play.
CSN Bay Area analyst Bret Hedican called it a “bad hit” while CSN Chicago’s Ed Olczyk called it “dangerous.”
Shaw’s hit led to an altercation involving Sharks forward Ryan Clowe, who has since been suspended indefinitely pending a hearing to judge if he left the bench to get after Shaw.
If Clowe is found guilty of said offense, he’ll be subjected to a 10-game suspension.
The 30-year-old winger won’t be in the Sharks lineup tonight when they take on the Stars in Dallas.
Shaw was also suspended six AHL games earlier this season for leaving the bench to participate in a fight while playing for the Rockford IceHogs.
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 23
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 9
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 15
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 11
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 59
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)