Feb 23, 2013, 6:02 PM EDT
No hearing means no suspension for Shaw. If there is to be any fine, it will be under $5,000 (anything above requires a hearing.)
Here’s the hit in question, which occurred late in Chicago’s 2-1 victory at the United Center:
Shaw was given a two-minute boarding minor on the play.
CSN Bay Area analyst Bret Hedican called it a “bad hit” while CSN Chicago’s Ed Olczyk called it “dangerous.”
Shaw’s hit led to an altercation involving Sharks forward Ryan Clowe, who has since been suspended indefinitely pending a hearing to judge if he left the bench to get after Shaw.
If Clowe is found guilty of said offense, he’ll be subjected to a 10-game suspension.
The 30-year-old winger won’t be in the Sharks lineup tonight when they take on the Stars in Dallas.
Shaw was also suspended six AHL games earlier this season for leaving the bench to participate in a fight while playing for the Rockford IceHogs.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 19
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 61
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 27
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (61)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)