Feb 23, 2013, 6:02 PM EDT
No hearing means no suspension for Shaw. If there is to be any fine, it will be under $5,000 (anything above requires a hearing.)
Here’s the hit in question, which occurred late in Chicago’s 2-1 victory at the United Center:
Shaw was given a two-minute boarding minor on the play.
CSN Bay Area analyst Bret Hedican called it a “bad hit” while CSN Chicago’s Ed Olczyk called it “dangerous.”
Shaw’s hit led to an altercation involving Sharks forward Ryan Clowe, who has since been suspended indefinitely pending a hearing to judge if he left the bench to get after Shaw.
If Clowe is found guilty of said offense, he’ll be subjected to a 10-game suspension.
The 30-year-old winger won’t be in the Sharks lineup tonight when they take on the Stars in Dallas.
Shaw was also suspended six AHL games earlier this season for leaving the bench to participate in a fight while playing for the Rockford IceHogs.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 16
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 22
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (148)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (99)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)