Feb 23, 2013, 6:02 PM EST
No hearing means no suspension for Shaw. If there is to be any fine, it will be under $5,000 (anything above requires a hearing.)
Here’s the hit in question, which occurred late in Chicago’s 2-1 victory at the United Center:
Shaw was given a two-minute boarding minor on the play.
CSN Bay Area analyst Bret Hedican called it a “bad hit” while CSN Chicago’s Ed Olczyk called it “dangerous.”
Shaw’s hit led to an altercation involving Sharks forward Ryan Clowe, who has since been suspended indefinitely pending a hearing to judge if he left the bench to get after Shaw.
If Clowe is found guilty of said offense, he’ll be subjected to a 10-game suspension.
The 30-year-old winger won’t be in the Sharks lineup tonight when they take on the Stars in Dallas.
Shaw was also suspended six AHL games earlier this season for leaving the bench to participate in a fight while playing for the Rockford IceHogs.
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 3
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 64
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updayed) 68
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 63
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 37
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 70
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 170
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (170)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (72)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updayed) (70)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (67)