Feb 23, 2013, 5:09 PM EST
TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports Clowe is suspended for tonight’s game against Dallas pending a hearing Monday in New York with the league for him to explain what happened. The in-person meeting means the league can suspend him for more than six games if they see fit. Leaving the bench to start an altercation normally comes with an automatic 10-game suspension.
Earlier today, the league decided to look into the incident that occurred late in last night’s 2-1 win by Chicago that saw Clowe go after Shaw after he delivered a hit from behind on Joe Pavelski. It’s clear the league felt Clowe broke the rules but he’ll have to come up with a good reason to avoid getting the full punishment.
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 3
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 17
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18