Feb 23, 2013, 5:09 PM EDT
TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports Clowe is suspended for tonight’s game against Dallas pending a hearing Monday in New York with the league for him to explain what happened. The in-person meeting means the league can suspend him for more than six games if they see fit. Leaving the bench to start an altercation normally comes with an automatic 10-game suspension.
Earlier today, the league decided to look into the incident that occurred late in last night’s 2-1 win by Chicago that saw Clowe go after Shaw after he delivered a hit from behind on Joe Pavelski. It’s clear the league felt Clowe broke the rules but he’ll have to come up with a good reason to avoid getting the full punishment.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18