Feb 23, 2013, 5:09 PM EDT
TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports Clowe is suspended for tonight’s game against Dallas pending a hearing Monday in New York with the league for him to explain what happened. The in-person meeting means the league can suspend him for more than six games if they see fit. Leaving the bench to start an altercation normally comes with an automatic 10-game suspension.
Earlier today, the league decided to look into the incident that occurred late in last night’s 2-1 win by Chicago that saw Clowe go after Shaw after he delivered a hit from behind on Joe Pavelski. It’s clear the league felt Clowe broke the rules but he’ll have to come up with a good reason to avoid getting the full punishment.
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 18
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13