Feb 23, 2013, 5:09 PM EDT
TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports Clowe is suspended for tonight’s game against Dallas pending a hearing Monday in New York with the league for him to explain what happened. The in-person meeting means the league can suspend him for more than six games if they see fit. Leaving the bench to start an altercation normally comes with an automatic 10-game suspension.
Earlier today, the league decided to look into the incident that occurred late in last night’s 2-1 win by Chicago that saw Clowe go after Shaw after he delivered a hit from behind on Joe Pavelski. It’s clear the league felt Clowe broke the rules but he’ll have to come up with a good reason to avoid getting the full punishment.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5