Feb 22, 2013, 4:01 PM EDT
On crutches and awaiting x-rays, Wild forward Cal Clutterbuck told reporters today in Calgary that he thought the knee-on-knee hit he received Thursday night from Edmonton’s Taylor Hall was “reckless” and “not clean.”
Clutterbuck has (at minimum) a thigh contusion and is out for tomorrow’s contest against the Flames, as reported by the Star Tribune’s Michael Russo,
Hall was ejected from last night’s game for kneeing and is facing a disciplinary ruling with the NHL.
“The league will take care of it,” Wild coach Mike Yeo told Russo.
In other news, Minnesota has recalled forward Charlie Coyle from AHL Houston while reassigning forward Johan Larsson to the Aeros.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22