Feb 22, 2013, 4:01 PM EDT
On crutches and awaiting x-rays, Wild forward Cal Clutterbuck told reporters today in Calgary that he thought the knee-on-knee hit he received Thursday night from Edmonton’s Taylor Hall was “reckless” and “not clean.”
Clutterbuck has (at minimum) a thigh contusion and is out for tomorrow’s contest against the Flames, as reported by the Star Tribune’s Michael Russo,
Hall was ejected from last night’s game for kneeing and is facing a disciplinary ruling with the NHL.
“The league will take care of it,” Wild coach Mike Yeo told Russo.
In other news, Minnesota has recalled forward Charlie Coyle from AHL Houston while reassigning forward Johan Larsson to the Aeros.
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 14
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 15
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 37
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)