Feb 22, 2013, 4:01 PM EDT
On crutches and awaiting x-rays, Wild forward Cal Clutterbuck told reporters today in Calgary that he thought the knee-on-knee hit he received Thursday night from Edmonton’s Taylor Hall was “reckless” and “not clean.”
Clutterbuck has (at minimum) a thigh contusion and is out for tomorrow’s contest against the Flames, as reported by the Star Tribune’s Michael Russo,
Hall was ejected from last night’s game for kneeing and is facing a disciplinary ruling with the NHL.
“The league will take care of it,” Wild coach Mike Yeo told Russo.
In other news, Minnesota has recalled forward Charlie Coyle from AHL Houston while reassigning forward Johan Larsson to the Aeros.
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 19
- All eyes on Lundqvist 8
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 9
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 27
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)