Feb 22, 2013, 4:01 PM EST
On crutches and awaiting x-rays, Wild forward Cal Clutterbuck told reporters today in Calgary that he thought the knee-on-knee hit he received Thursday night from Edmonton’s Taylor Hall was “reckless” and “not clean.”
Clutterbuck has (at minimum) a thigh contusion and is out for tomorrow’s contest against the Flames, as reported by the Star Tribune’s Michael Russo,
Hall was ejected from last night’s game for kneeing and is facing a disciplinary ruling with the NHL.
“The league will take care of it,” Wild coach Mike Yeo told Russo.
In other news, Minnesota has recalled forward Charlie Coyle from AHL Houston while reassigning forward Johan Larsson to the Aeros.
- Marian Gaborik suffers broken collarbone in return to action 8
- Martin Jones improves to 8-0-0, ties NHL record 18
- Vermette gets hat trick, including late tying goal, OT winner 2
- GM Wilson: It’s too early to tell if Hertl’s season is done 26
- A month later, Martin Erat still wants to be traded 11
- Devils lose Brunner for at least four weeks 0
- Video: Ovechkin becomes sixth fastest player to 400 goals in Caps win 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 16
- Assault charges against Varlamov dropped 37
- Carlyle on HBO presence: ‘It’s not normal what we’re living right now’ 7
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (108)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (104)
- Orpik: First days after Thornton attack were ‘miserable’ (72)
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head (71)
- Video: Marchand taunts Canucks with championship miming (69)