Feb 22, 2013, 4:01 PM EDT
On crutches and awaiting x-rays, Wild forward Cal Clutterbuck told reporters today in Calgary that he thought the knee-on-knee hit he received Thursday night from Edmonton’s Taylor Hall was “reckless” and “not clean.”
Clutterbuck has (at minimum) a thigh contusion and is out for tomorrow’s contest against the Flames, as reported by the Star Tribune’s Michael Russo,
Hall was ejected from last night’s game for kneeing and is facing a disciplinary ruling with the NHL.
“The league will take care of it,” Wild coach Mike Yeo told Russo.
In other news, Minnesota has recalled forward Charlie Coyle from AHL Houston while reassigning forward Johan Larsson to the Aeros.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5