Feb 22, 2013, 9:51 AM EDT
21-year-old forward Taylor Hall will participate in a disciplinary hearing after his hit on the Wild’s Cal Clutterbuck late in Minnesota’s 3-1 victory over Edmonton, according to the Minneapolis Star Tribune’s Michael Russo.
The play will be reviewed for kneeing and clipping.
Hall was ejected from the game for kneeing. Clutterbuck was hurt on the play, but Wild coach Mike Yeo wasn’t sure of the extent of the injury immediately following the game, according to the NHL.com.
What Yeo did seem sure of was the Oilers forward’s intentions.
“To me, what I saw was a player who didn’t even look at the puck,” Yeo said. “It looked like he was trying to hurt a guy.”
Wild forward Devin Setoguchi voiced his agreement when he said, “If that’s not a suspension, I don’t know what is.”
Hall argued that it wasn’t a dirty play.
“I really didn’t feel like it was knee-on-knee at all,” Hall said. “I thought I got him with hip or torso area. It was a weird play.”
Edmonton is scheduled to play on Saturday, so it won’t be too long before we get the league’s verdict, but in the meantime, you can view the play for yourself below:
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 4
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 14
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 35
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 68
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 6
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 46
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 38
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 28
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte
- Play Video: Highlights: Kings beat Sharks, take series lead
- Play Video: Brown takes out goalie Niemi
- Play Video: Demers commits reckless penalty
- Play Video: Demers slashes Doughty, but no call made
- Play Video: Niemi robs Carter to preserve tie
- Play Video: Highlights: Wings take 3-1 series lead over 'Hawks