Feb 22, 2013, 9:51 AM EST
21-year-old forward Taylor Hall will participate in a disciplinary hearing after his hit on the Wild’s Cal Clutterbuck late in Minnesota’s 3-1 victory over Edmonton, according to the Minneapolis Star Tribune’s Michael Russo.
The play will be reviewed for kneeing and clipping.
Hall was ejected from the game for kneeing. Clutterbuck was hurt on the play, but Wild coach Mike Yeo wasn’t sure of the extent of the injury immediately following the game, according to the NHL.com.
What Yeo did seem sure of was the Oilers forward’s intentions.
“To me, what I saw was a player who didn’t even look at the puck,” Yeo said. “It looked like he was trying to hurt a guy.”
Wild forward Devin Setoguchi voiced his agreement when he said, “If that’s not a suspension, I don’t know what is.”
Hall argued that it wasn’t a dirty play.
“I really didn’t feel like it was knee-on-knee at all,” Hall said. “I thought I got him with hip or torso area. It was a weird play.”
Edmonton is scheduled to play on Saturday, so it won’t be too long before we get the league’s verdict, but in the meantime, you can view the play for yourself below:
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 13
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 6
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 20
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 46
- Video: ‘The message is not being heard’ when it comes to illegal hits, suspensions 52
- Video: Kunitz collides with Rangers’ goalie Lundqvist in overtime (Updated) 54
- Discuss: Penguins outlast Rangers in the shootout on NBCSN Rivalry Night 43
- Video: Jagr passes Yzerman for eighth on NHL goals list 12
- Wild put Harding on IR to undergo change in MS treatment 16
- Nonis: I’m not firing Carlyle 15
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (103)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)