Feb 22, 2013, 9:48 PM EDT
The Vancouver Canucks defensive corps has remained healthy so far this season – until Friday night.
Canucks blue liner Kevin Bieksa left Friday’s game against the Nashville Predators with what was first described as a “lower body injury.”
He didn’t return to the game. Reports surfaced soon after the Canucks 1-0 win that Bieksa injured his groin.
The injury appeared to have occurred on a Hal Gill hit along the boards in the second period.
Bieksa, 31, had four goals in his last six games prior to Friday.
Canucks fourth line forward Dale Weise scored the winning goal in the third period, while Roberto Luongo, who is just having fun these days, stopped all 23 shots he faced for his second shutout of the season.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 18
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 10
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 40
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)