Feb 22, 2013, 9:48 PM EDT
The Vancouver Canucks defensive corps has remained healthy so far this season – until Friday night.
Canucks blue liner Kevin Bieksa left Friday’s game against the Nashville Predators with what was first described as a “lower body injury.”
He didn’t return to the game. Reports surfaced soon after the Canucks 1-0 win that Bieksa injured his groin.
The injury appeared to have occurred on a Hal Gill hit along the boards in the second period.
Bieksa, 31, had four goals in his last six games prior to Friday.
Canucks fourth line forward Dale Weise scored the winning goal in the third period, while Roberto Luongo, who is just having fun these days, stopped all 23 shots he faced for his second shutout of the season.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 37
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)