Feb 22, 2013, 9:48 PM EDT
The Vancouver Canucks defensive corps has remained healthy so far this season – until Friday night.
Canucks blue liner Kevin Bieksa left Friday’s game against the Nashville Predators with what was first described as a “lower body injury.”
He didn’t return to the game. Reports surfaced soon after the Canucks 1-0 win that Bieksa injured his groin.
Vigneault says Bieksa injured his groin. Doesn't think it's serious, will know more tomorrow. Alberts will go on Sunday if Bieksa's out.—
Brad Ziemer (@BradZiemer) February 23, 2013
AV on bieksa: we'll know tomorrow but at first it doesn't appear to be that serious—
Jason Botchford (@botchford) February 23, 2013
The injury appeared to have occurred on a Hal Gill hit along the boards in the second period.
Bieksa, 31, had four goals in his last six games prior to Friday.
Canucks fourth line forward Dale Weise scored the winning goal in the third period, while Roberto Luongo, who is just having fun these days, stopped all 23 shots he faced for his second shutout of the season.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 20
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17