Feb 22, 2013, 9:48 PM EST
The Vancouver Canucks defensive corps has remained healthy so far this season – until Friday night.
Canucks blue liner Kevin Bieksa left Friday’s game against the Nashville Predators with what was first described as a “lower body injury.”
He didn’t return to the game. Reports surfaced soon after the Canucks 1-0 win that Bieksa injured his groin.
The injury appeared to have occurred on a Hal Gill hit along the boards in the second period.
Bieksa, 31, had four goals in his last six games prior to Friday.
Canucks fourth line forward Dale Weise scored the winning goal in the third period, while Roberto Luongo, who is just having fun these days, stopped all 23 shots he faced for his second shutout of the season.
- Luongo leaves game, Panthers in bind with Montoya also hurt 3
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 22
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)