Feb 20, 2013, 3:09 PM EDT
Combine one team (the Chicago Blackhawks) on the verge of setting a record for the best 16-game start in NHL history and that team’s hated rival (the Vancouver Canucks) and, apparently, the result is a lot of people watching on TV.
Comcast SportsNet attracted approx. 258,224 households in the Chicago market for the entire game and posted a 10.91 “peak” rating during the 10:15 PM quarter-hour (over 380,000 households tuning in). The 7.41 single game regular season ratings record on Comcast SportsNet shatters the previous record set on January 27 for the Blackhawks home game vs. Detroit (6.31). Source for all ratings information is provided by Nielsen Media Research overnights.
Comcast SportsNet was also the #1-highest rated television network in the Chicago market last night in overall households for the entire length of the game (7:30-10:30 PM).
In addition to all the eyeballs watching on TV, the Blackhawks also lead the NHL in average attendance (21,556).
Hey, remember like five years ago when the United Center was half full and the home games weren’t even on TV?
Bit of a turnaround.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 21
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 16
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 27
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 61
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (65)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)