Feb 19, 2013, 10:21 PM EDT
“We’re not playing the caliber of hockey this city deserves,” Miller said. “We deserve to get booed.”
Again, he understands where fans are coming from.
“They just want you to work hard. They just want you to give them something to cheer about,” Miller said. “We’ve been letting them down.”
This is the second straight game that the 32-year-old netminder fumed to the press after a tough loss. The former Vezina winner called the team’s Sunday loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins “unacceptable,” among other things.
Vogl reports that the team had a closed-door locker room meeting that lasted at least 15 minutes after the game.
This loss is another potential bullet point for those who continue to call for Lindy Ruff’s head. He’s the longest-tenured bench boss in the NHL, yet this season represents one of the biggest threats to his tenure.
Ruff echoed Miller’s thoughts to the Buffalo News’ Mike Harrington.
“I totally understand,” Ruff said. “I’m embarrassed. I have a hard time explaining that one.”
If nothing else, it seems like the team is just as upset as their fans.
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 7
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 11
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 9
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 17
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Asst. GM Guerin admits Penguins need to lay off the refs (51)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)