Feb 19, 2013, 10:21 PM EDT
“We’re not playing the caliber of hockey this city deserves,” Miller said. “We deserve to get booed.”
Again, he understands where fans are coming from.
“They just want you to work hard. They just want you to give them something to cheer about,” Miller said. “We’ve been letting them down.”
This is the second straight game that the 32-year-old netminder fumed to the press after a tough loss. The former Vezina winner called the team’s Sunday loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins “unacceptable,” among other things.
Vogl reports that the team had a closed-door locker room meeting that lasted at least 15 minutes after the game.
This loss is another potential bullet point for those who continue to call for Lindy Ruff’s head. He’s the longest-tenured bench boss in the NHL, yet this season represents one of the biggest threats to his tenure.
Ruff echoed Miller’s thoughts to the Buffalo News’ Mike Harrington.
“I totally understand,” Ruff said. “I’m embarrassed. I have a hard time explaining that one.”
If nothing else, it seems like the team is just as upset as their fans.
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 37
- Getting clutch? Capitals reportedly sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 8
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 28
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 21
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)