Feb 19, 2013, 10:21 PM EST
“We’re not playing the caliber of hockey this city deserves,” Miller said. “We deserve to get booed.”
Again, he understands where fans are coming from.
“They just want you to work hard. They just want you to give them something to cheer about,” Miller said. “We’ve been letting them down.”
This is the second straight game that the 32-year-old netminder fumed to the press after a tough loss. The former Vezina winner called the team’s Sunday loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins “unacceptable,” among other things.
Vogl reports that the team had a closed-door locker room meeting that lasted at least 15 minutes after the game.
This loss is another potential bullet point for those who continue to call for Lindy Ruff’s head. He’s the longest-tenured bench boss in the NHL, yet this season represents one of the biggest threats to his tenure.
Ruff echoed Miller’s thoughts to the Buffalo News’ Mike Harrington.
“I totally understand,” Ruff said. “I’m embarrassed. I have a hard time explaining that one.”
If nothing else, it seems like the team is just as upset as their fans.
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 62
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 11
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 87
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (87)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (80)