Feb 19, 2013, 10:21 PM EDT
“We’re not playing the caliber of hockey this city deserves,” Miller said. “We deserve to get booed.”
Again, he understands where fans are coming from.
“They just want you to work hard. They just want you to give them something to cheer about,” Miller said. “We’ve been letting them down.”
This is the second straight game that the 32-year-old netminder fumed to the press after a tough loss. The former Vezina winner called the team’s Sunday loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins “unacceptable,” among other things.
Vogl reports that the team had a closed-door locker room meeting that lasted at least 15 minutes after the game.
This loss is another potential bullet point for those who continue to call for Lindy Ruff’s head. He’s the longest-tenured bench boss in the NHL, yet this season represents one of the biggest threats to his tenure.
Ruff echoed Miller’s thoughts to the Buffalo News’ Mike Harrington.
“I totally understand,” Ruff said. “I’m embarrassed. I have a hard time explaining that one.”
If nothing else, it seems like the team is just as upset as their fans.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)