Feb 19, 2013, 10:21 PM EDT
“We’re not playing the caliber of hockey this city deserves,” Miller said. “We deserve to get booed.”
Again, he understands where fans are coming from.
“They just want you to work hard. They just want you to give them something to cheer about,” Miller said. “We’ve been letting them down.”
This is the second straight game that the 32-year-old netminder fumed to the press after a tough loss. The former Vezina winner called the team’s Sunday loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins “unacceptable,” among other things.
Vogl reports that the team had a closed-door locker room meeting that lasted at least 15 minutes after the game.
This loss is another potential bullet point for those who continue to call for Lindy Ruff’s head. He’s the longest-tenured bench boss in the NHL, yet this season represents one of the biggest threats to his tenure.
Ruff echoed Miller’s thoughts to the Buffalo News’ Mike Harrington.
“I totally understand,” Ruff said. “I’m embarrassed. I have a hard time explaining that one.”
If nothing else, it seems like the team is just as upset as their fans.
- Blackhawks nearly blow it…but don’t 3
- ‘Hawks rattle Rask with ‘way more traffic’ in Game 4 5
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 29
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 65
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 24
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 27
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 61
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12