Feb 17, 2013, 4:55 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres battled back from a 2-0 deficit against the Pittsburgh Penguins on Sunday and even briefly held the lead in the third period. However, the Sabres ultimately suffered a 4-3 loss that dropped them to 6-9-1 this season.
After suffering his third defeat in four games, Buffalo goaltender Ryan Miller participated in a 76 second press conference that included a couple f-bombs, according to the Buffalo News’ Mike Harrington.
“Just either not confident enough or experienced enough in the third period with the lead and that burned is. It’s not acceptable,” Miller said.
Sabres forward Steve Ott, who scored the goal that briefly gave Buffalo a 3-2 lead, was a bit more diplomatic.
“I like the determination of the guys to come back and battle and continue to push, push, push. But at the end of it all, we’d be a lot happier with the two points that we deserve to be walking out with,” Ott said, according to the Buffalo News.
Despite this loss, the Buffalo Sabres have actually outscored their opponents 20-16 in the third period of games this season. In fact, that’s the only period the Sabres have had an edge in overall.
Here’s video of Miller’s tirade (H/T to Kukla’s Korner):
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 18
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 46
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 1
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Report: Kings’ Stoll may have head, shoulder injuries 15
- Rangers’ goaltending a concern? ‘We know what Henrik is,’ says Tortorella 25
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings top Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: Cleary: 'We won't be exchanging Christmas cards'
- Play Video: 'Hawks potential tying goal waved off
- Play Video: Blackhawks score on controversial play
- Play Video: Blackhawks bring the pain
- Play Video: Red Wings and BlackHawks fighting for control