Feb 17, 2013, 4:55 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres battled back from a 2-0 deficit against the Pittsburgh Penguins on Sunday and even briefly held the lead in the third period. However, the Sabres ultimately suffered a 4-3 loss that dropped them to 6-9-1 this season.
After suffering his third defeat in four games, Buffalo goaltender Ryan Miller participated in a 76 second press conference that included a couple f-bombs, according to the Buffalo News’ Mike Harrington.
“Just either not confident enough or experienced enough in the third period with the lead and that burned is. It’s not acceptable,” Miller said.
Sabres forward Steve Ott, who scored the goal that briefly gave Buffalo a 3-2 lead, was a bit more diplomatic.
“I like the determination of the guys to come back and battle and continue to push, push, push. But at the end of it all, we’d be a lot happier with the two points that we deserve to be walking out with,” Ott said, according to the Buffalo News.
Despite this loss, the Buffalo Sabres have actually outscored their opponents 20-16 in the third period of games this season. In fact, that’s the only period the Sabres have had an edge in overall.
Here’s video of Miller’s tirade (H/T to Kukla’s Korner):
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 6
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 21
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36