Feb 17, 2013, 4:55 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres battled back from a 2-0 deficit against the Pittsburgh Penguins on Sunday and even briefly held the lead in the third period. However, the Sabres ultimately suffered a 4-3 loss that dropped them to 6-9-1 this season.
After suffering his third defeat in four games, Buffalo goaltender Ryan Miller participated in a 76 second press conference that included a couple f-bombs, according to the Buffalo News’ Mike Harrington.
“Just either not confident enough or experienced enough in the third period with the lead and that burned is. It’s not acceptable,” Miller said.
Sabres forward Steve Ott, who scored the goal that briefly gave Buffalo a 3-2 lead, was a bit more diplomatic.
“I like the determination of the guys to come back and battle and continue to push, push, push. But at the end of it all, we’d be a lot happier with the two points that we deserve to be walking out with,” Ott said, according to the Buffalo News.
Despite this loss, the Buffalo Sabres have actually outscored their opponents 20-16 in the third period of games this season. In fact, that’s the only period the Sabres have had an edge in overall.
Here’s video of Miller’s tirade (H/T to Kukla’s Korner):
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 8
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 33
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)