Feb 19, 2013, 1:14 AM EDT
Springfield Falcons forward Wade MacLeod, who suffered a seizure after getting hit into the glass during an American Hockey League game Sunday, has been released from hospital, Canadian Press reported Monday.
A Falcons spokesperson told Canadian Press that MacLeod had been released from hospital but could not provide information on a recovery time. MacLeod had four goals and 11 points in 20 games for Springfield this season.
On Twitter, there has been an outpouring of support for the Coquitlam Minor Hockey product.
On the social networking site, MacLeod thanked fans, teammates and family for their support.
Just want to thank all of my amazing teammates, family & friends as well as the entire hockey world & fans for all their love and support—
Wade MacLeod (@wademacleod) February 19, 2013
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? 0
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 28
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 27
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 47
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 13
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 95
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 28
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 58
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (90)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree reportedly tears achilles, out for year
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings