Feb 19, 2013, 1:14 AM EST
Springfield Falcons forward Wade MacLeod, who suffered a seizure after getting hit into the glass during an American Hockey League game Sunday, has been released from hospital, Canadian Press reported Monday.
A Falcons spokesperson told Canadian Press that MacLeod had been released from hospital but could not provide information on a recovery time. MacLeod had four goals and 11 points in 20 games for Springfield this season.
On Twitter, there has been an outpouring of support for the Coquitlam Minor Hockey product.
On the social networking site, MacLeod thanked fans, teammates and family for their support.
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 4
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 4
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 4
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)