Feb 17, 2013, 7:08 PM EST
There was a scary scene in Springfield, Mass. on Sunday as an AHL game was postponed after Springfield Falcons winger Wade MacLeod suffered a seizure on the ice following a hit.
The bright side is that the team reports he’s stable and alert at a nearby hospital.
The 26-year-old is in his third season with the Columbus Blue Jackets’ AHL affiliate. TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports that his parents and girlfriend were at the game and traveled with him to the hospital.
Both teams agreed to move the game back. The incident happened during the second period of a contest between the Falcons and Adirondack Phantoms.
(Team photo via the AHL Falcons.)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 39
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 7
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (125)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (57)