Feb 17, 2013, 7:08 PM EST
There was a scary scene in Springfield, Mass. on Sunday as an AHL game was postponed after Springfield Falcons winger Wade MacLeod suffered a seizure on the ice following a hit.
The bright side is that the team reports he’s stable and alert at a nearby hospital.
The 26-year-old is in his third season with the Columbus Blue Jackets’ AHL affiliate. TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports that his parents and girlfriend were at the game and traveled with him to the hospital.
Both teams agreed to move the game back. The incident happened during the second period of a contest between the Falcons and Adirondack Phantoms.
(Team photo via the AHL Falcons.)
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)