Feb 17, 2013, 7:08 PM EDT
There was a scary scene in Springfield, Mass. on Sunday as an AHL game was postponed after Springfield Falcons winger Wade MacLeod suffered a seizure on the ice following a hit.
The bright side is that the team reports he’s stable and alert at a nearby hospital.
The 26-year-old is in his third season with the Columbus Blue Jackets’ AHL affiliate. TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports that his parents and girlfriend were at the game and traveled with him to the hospital.
Both teams agreed to move the game back. The incident happened during the second period of a contest between the Falcons and Adirondack Phantoms.
(Team photo via the AHL Falcons.)
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 0
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 15
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 20
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5