Feb 17, 2013, 7:08 PM EDT
There was a scary scene in Springfield, Mass. on Sunday as an AHL game was postponed after Springfield Falcons winger Wade MacLeod suffered a seizure on the ice following a hit.
The bright side is that the team reports he’s stable and alert at a nearby hospital.
The 26-year-old is in his third season with the Columbus Blue Jackets’ AHL affiliate. TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports that his parents and girlfriend were at the game and traveled with him to the hospital.
Both teams agreed to move the game back. The incident happened during the second period of a contest between the Falcons and Adirondack Phantoms.
(Team photo via the AHL Falcons.)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)