Feb 17, 2013, 7:08 PM EDT
There was a scary scene in Springfield, Mass. on Sunday as an AHL game was postponed after Springfield Falcons winger Wade MacLeod suffered a seizure on the ice following a hit.
The bright side is that the team reports he’s stable and alert at a nearby hospital.
The 26-year-old is in his third season with the Columbus Blue Jackets’ AHL affiliate. TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports that his parents and girlfriend were at the game and traveled with him to the hospital.
Both teams agreed to move the game back. The incident happened during the second period of a contest between the Falcons and Adirondack Phantoms.
(Team photo via the AHL Falcons.)
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 27
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 23
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 20
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 58
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 32
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22