Feb 16, 2013, 12:02 AM EDT
The second period of Friday’s Dallas Stars-Vancouver Canucks game had a little bit of everything.
First, Henrik Sedin set up an Alexander Burrows goal for his second assist of the night, making him the Canucks’ all-time leading points scorer. His 757 points eclipsed Markus Naslund’s 756; here’s a list of the team’s highest point scorers:
Henrik Sedin – 757
Markus Naslund – 756
Trevor Linden – 733
Daniel Sedin – 730
Stan Smyl – 673
This represents the 905th game of Henrik’s career. In case you’re wondering, his brother Daniel’s 730 points have come in 872 contests. Both are just 32, so it wouldn’t be shocking if the twins both end up atop that list – with a substantial cushion.
Here’s video of that goal:
While that moment was a testament to Sedin’s skills, the two teams threw a little brawn into the mix. In a three-second span, three fights happened, with each coming on successive faceoffs.
Arron Volpatti started things off with Ryan Garbutt, Maxim Lapierre followed against Vernon Fiddler and then Dale Weise capped things off at the 15:12 mark with Eric Nystrom. Here’s the collection of fisticuffs:
Stars announcer Daryl Reaugh passes along word that’s the quickest three fights have happened. He also called it a “trilogy of truculence.”
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 1
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55