Feb 16, 2013, 12:02 AM EST
The second period of Friday’s Dallas Stars-Vancouver Canucks game had a little bit of everything.
First, Henrik Sedin set up an Alexander Burrows goal for his second assist of the night, making him the Canucks’ all-time leading points scorer. His 757 points eclipsed Markus Naslund’s 756; here’s a list of the team’s highest point scorers:
Henrik Sedin – 757
Markus Naslund – 756
Trevor Linden – 733
Daniel Sedin – 730
Stan Smyl – 673
This represents the 905th game of Henrik’s career. In case you’re wondering, his brother Daniel’s 730 points have come in 872 contests. Both are just 32, so it wouldn’t be shocking if the twins both end up atop that list – with a substantial cushion.
Here’s video of that goal:
While that moment was a testament to Sedin’s skills, the two teams threw a little brawn into the mix. In a three-second span, three fights happened, with each coming on successive faceoffs.
Arron Volpatti started things off with Ryan Garbutt, Maxim Lapierre followed against Vernon Fiddler and then Dale Weise capped things off at the 15:12 mark with Eric Nystrom. Here’s the collection of fisticuffs:
Stars announcer Daryl Reaugh passes along word that’s the quickest three fights have happened. He also called it a “trilogy of truculence.”
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 0
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 22
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24