Feb 16, 2013, 12:02 AM EDT
The second period of Friday’s Dallas Stars-Vancouver Canucks game had a little bit of everything.
First, Henrik Sedin set up an Alexander Burrows goal for his second assist of the night, making him the Canucks’ all-time leading points scorer. His 757 points eclipsed Markus Naslund’s 756; here’s a list of the team’s highest point scorers:
Henrik Sedin – 757
Markus Naslund – 756
Trevor Linden – 733
Daniel Sedin – 730
Stan Smyl – 673
This represents the 905th game of Henrik’s career. In case you’re wondering, his brother Daniel’s 730 points have come in 872 contests. Both are just 32, so it wouldn’t be shocking if the twins both end up atop that list – with a substantial cushion.
Here’s video of that goal:
While that moment was a testament to Sedin’s skills, the two teams threw a little brawn into the mix. In a three-second span, three fights happened, with each coming on successive faceoffs.
Arron Volpatti started things off with Ryan Garbutt, Maxim Lapierre followed against Vernon Fiddler and then Dale Weise capped things off at the 15:12 mark with Eric Nystrom. Here’s the collection of fisticuffs:
Stars announcer Daryl Reaugh passes along word that’s the quickest three fights have happened. He also called it a “trilogy of truculence.”
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32