Feb 13, 2013, 2:52 PM EDT
Panthers forward Kris Versteeg was absent from practice today and, according to Florida head coach Kevin Dineen, is questionable for Thursday’s home game against Montreal.
Versteeg returned to the game, and even fought Ovechkin, but the 26-year-old (who’s already missed five games this season with a groin injury) was clearly shaken up after the hit.
The Panthers have to be pretty shaken up as well after blowing a late two-goal lead to the Caps. Florida now sits 4-6-2 after 12 games and has the NHL’s worst goals-against average (3.83).
Still, Dineen reportedly “wouldn’t even touch the thought of” bringing up goalie Jacob Markstrom from AHL San Antonio, where the 23-year-old is 15-14-2 with a .923 save percentage.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 10
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54