Feb 13, 2013, 2:52 PM EDT
Panthers forward Kris Versteeg was absent from practice today and, according to Florida head coach Kevin Dineen, is questionable for Thursday’s home game against Montreal.
Versteeg returned to the game, and even fought Ovechkin, but the 26-year-old (who’s already missed five games this season with a groin injury) was clearly shaken up after the hit.
The Panthers have to be pretty shaken up as well after blowing a late two-goal lead to the Caps. Florida now sits 4-6-2 after 12 games and has the NHL’s worst goals-against average (3.83).
Still, Dineen reportedly “wouldn’t even touch the thought of” bringing up goalie Jacob Markstrom from AHL San Antonio, where the 23-year-old is 15-14-2 with a .923 save percentage.
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 4
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 19
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 22
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 65
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 85
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 9
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 56
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 38
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (85)
- Watch LIVE: Pens-Sens, Game 5
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights