Feb 13, 2013, 2:52 PM EDT
Panthers forward Kris Versteeg was absent from practice today and, according to Florida head coach Kevin Dineen, is questionable for Thursday’s home game against Montreal.
Versteeg returned to the game, and even fought Ovechkin, but the 26-year-old (who’s already missed five games this season with a groin injury) was clearly shaken up after the hit.
The Panthers have to be pretty shaken up as well after blowing a late two-goal lead to the Caps. Florida now sits 4-6-2 after 12 games and has the NHL’s worst goals-against average (3.83).
Still, Dineen reportedly “wouldn’t even touch the thought of” bringing up goalie Jacob Markstrom from AHL San Antonio, where the 23-year-old is 15-14-2 with a .923 save percentage.
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 4
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 0
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 51
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (51)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)