Feb 12, 2013, 2:11 AM EDT
The losses are piling up for the St. Louis Blues, and so, too, is the frustration.
During the last four losses – all on home ice – the Blues have given up 20 goals in regulation time and scored only eight.
The Blues four-game home stand resulted in nothing but defeat. Not one single win.
“This is the home stand from hell,” head coach Ken Hitchcock told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. “We lost our goalie, we didn’t play as well and now we’ve got to take this onto the road and we’ve got to be much more accountable to each other.”
Blues goalie Jaroslav Halak, who missed the last three games with a strained groin, was supposed to start against the Kings. Halak took warm-ups, but re-aggravated the injury, forcing Brian Elliott to come in as the emergency starter.
“It happened so quick, it was after warm-ups,” Hitchcock told Chris Pinkert on the team’s website. “It is what it is. He had two or three really good days of practice, and I don’t know, somewhere in the warmup he pulled it again.”
An update could come Tuesday, Pinkert reported.
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 0
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 2
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 14
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 45
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 57
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (60)