Feb 12, 2013, 2:11 AM EDT
The losses are piling up for the St. Louis Blues, and so, too, is the frustration.
During the last four losses – all on home ice – the Blues have given up 20 goals in regulation time and scored only eight.
The Blues four-game home stand resulted in nothing but defeat. Not one single win.
“This is the home stand from hell,” head coach Ken Hitchcock told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. “We lost our goalie, we didn’t play as well and now we’ve got to take this onto the road and we’ve got to be much more accountable to each other.”
Blues goalie Jaroslav Halak, who missed the last three games with a strained groin, was supposed to start against the Kings. Halak took warm-ups, but re-aggravated the injury, forcing Brian Elliott to come in as the emergency starter.
“It happened so quick, it was after warm-ups,” Hitchcock told Chris Pinkert on the team’s website. “It is what it is. He had two or three really good days of practice, and I don’t know, somewhere in the warmup he pulled it again.”
An update could come Tuesday, Pinkert reported.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)