Feb 12, 2013, 2:11 AM EST
The losses are piling up for the St. Louis Blues, and so, too, is the frustration.
During the last four losses – all on home ice – the Blues have given up 20 goals in regulation time and scored only eight.
The Blues four-game home stand resulted in nothing but defeat. Not one single win.
“This is the home stand from hell,” head coach Ken Hitchcock told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. “We lost our goalie, we didn’t play as well and now we’ve got to take this onto the road and we’ve got to be much more accountable to each other.”
Blues goalie Jaroslav Halak, who missed the last three games with a strained groin, was supposed to start against the Kings. Halak took warm-ups, but re-aggravated the injury, forcing Brian Elliott to come in as the emergency starter.
“It happened so quick, it was after warm-ups,” Hitchcock told Chris Pinkert on the team’s website. “It is what it is. He had two or three really good days of practice, and I don’t know, somewhere in the warmup he pulled it again.”
An update could come Tuesday, Pinkert reported.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (70)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)