Feb 12, 2013, 2:11 AM EDT
The losses are piling up for the St. Louis Blues, and so, too, is the frustration.
During the last four losses – all on home ice – the Blues have given up 20 goals in regulation time and scored only eight.
The Blues four-game home stand resulted in nothing but defeat. Not one single win.
“This is the home stand from hell,” head coach Ken Hitchcock told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. “We lost our goalie, we didn’t play as well and now we’ve got to take this onto the road and we’ve got to be much more accountable to each other.”
Blues goalie Jaroslav Halak, who missed the last three games with a strained groin, was supposed to start against the Kings. Halak took warm-ups, but re-aggravated the injury, forcing Brian Elliott to come in as the emergency starter.
“It happened so quick, it was after warm-ups,” Hitchcock told Chris Pinkert on the team’s website. “It is what it is. He had two or three really good days of practice, and I don’t know, somewhere in the warmup he pulled it again.”
An update could come Tuesday, Pinkert reported.
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 4
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 35
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 39
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)