Feb 11, 2013, 8:58 PM EDT
On Sunday, the Blues took Jaroslav Halak (groin) off injured reserve.
One day later, it appears he might be headed back on.
That was the story out of St. Louis on Monday as the Slovak netminder re-aggravated his groin injury during warmups for tonight’s contest against Los Angeles, Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports.
The development forced Brian Elliott into action, which no doubt tweaked Ken Hitchcock. The Blues head coach had been vocal in his displeasure with Elliott’s play as of late, saying “he’s got to be better” while suggesting that, if Halak was unable to play tonight, he would’ve gone with rookie netminder Jake Allen between the pipes.
Just one problem — when Halak cleared IR, Allen was sent back to AHL Peoria.
In Elliott’s defense, he has played reasonably well in the opening frame against Los Angeles, allowing just one goal on seven shots.
Kings forward Jeff Carter scored midway through the period for the game’s lone marker thus far.
Rutherford reports that St. Louis will update Halak’s condition following tonight’s game.
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 17
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 17
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 77
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (80)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)