Feb 11, 2013, 8:58 PM EDT
On Sunday, the Blues took Jaroslav Halak (groin) off injured reserve.
One day later, it appears he might be headed back on.
That was the story out of St. Louis on Monday as the Slovak netminder re-aggravated his groin injury during warmups for tonight’s contest against Los Angeles, Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports.
The development forced Brian Elliott into action, which no doubt tweaked Ken Hitchcock. The Blues head coach had been vocal in his displeasure with Elliott’s play as of late, saying “he’s got to be better” while suggesting that, if Halak was unable to play tonight, he would’ve gone with rookie netminder Jake Allen between the pipes.
Just one problem — when Halak cleared IR, Allen was sent back to AHL Peoria.
In Elliott’s defense, he has played reasonably well in the opening frame against Los Angeles, allowing just one goal on seven shots.
Kings forward Jeff Carter scored midway through the period for the game’s lone marker thus far.
Rutherford reports that St. Louis will update Halak’s condition following tonight’s game.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 27
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 26
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)