Feb 11, 2013, 8:58 PM EST
On Sunday, the Blues took Jaroslav Halak (groin) off injured reserve.
One day later, it appears he might be headed back on.
That was the story out of St. Louis on Monday as the Slovak netminder re-aggravated his groin injury during warmups for tonight’s contest against Los Angeles, Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports.
The development forced Brian Elliott into action, which no doubt tweaked Ken Hitchcock. The Blues head coach had been vocal in his displeasure with Elliott’s play as of late, saying “he’s got to be better” while suggesting that, if Halak was unable to play tonight, he would’ve gone with rookie netminder Jake Allen between the pipes.
Just one problem — when Halak cleared IR, Allen was sent back to AHL Peoria.
In Elliott’s defense, he has played reasonably well in the opening frame against Los Angeles, allowing just one goal on seven shots.
Kings forward Jeff Carter scored midway through the period for the game’s lone marker thus far.
Rutherford reports that St. Louis will update Halak’s condition following tonight’s game.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 6
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 8
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 46
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)