Feb 10, 2013, 12:08 AM EDT
He told NHL.com’s Lou Korac that the 2012 All-Star needs to get better.
“Not playing very good. Not much I can say. He’d be the first to tell you too. He’s got to play better,” Hitchcock said. “You can’t stay in the lineup if you don’t play well. I don’t care who you are. He’s got to play better.”
Hitch reports that the 27-year-old goalie won’t get a chance to redeem himself in the Blues’ next game, either way. It will either be Jaroslav Halak, 27, if he’s ready to return from a groin injury or Jake Allen, 22, if not.
Teemu Selanne was Elliott’s biggest nuisance on Saturday night, collecting four points. The 42-year-old icon helped Anaheim generate a ridiculous run of three goals in just 1:41 of time in the second period.
St. Louis is now 0-3-1 in its last four games while the Ducks moved into first place in the Pacific Division.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5