Feb 10, 2013, 12:08 AM EST
He told NHL.com’s Lou Korac that the 2012 All-Star needs to get better.
“Not playing very good. Not much I can say. He’d be the first to tell you too. He’s got to play better,” Hitchcock said. “You can’t stay in the lineup if you don’t play well. I don’t care who you are. He’s got to play better.”
Hitch reports that the 27-year-old goalie won’t get a chance to redeem himself in the Blues’ next game, either way. It will either be Jaroslav Halak, 27, if he’s ready to return from a groin injury or Jake Allen, 22, if not.
Teemu Selanne was Elliott’s biggest nuisance on Saturday night, collecting four points. The 42-year-old icon helped Anaheim generate a ridiculous run of three goals in just 1:41 of time in the second period.
St. Louis is now 0-3-1 in its last four games while the Ducks moved into first place in the Pacific Division.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)